Gammons: Thomas to the A's Will Happen

aboz56

Peter Gammons was just on ESPN News and said that Thomas has visited with the Athletics, he is in great shape and he feels that a deal with the A's will happen soon for Frank.

Just an FYI for all interested.

Best of luck goes out to Frank if this is indeed accurate reporting by Peter Gammons.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 05:53 PM)
Let's hope for an MVP award and ice his way into the HOF.  Oakland would become my second favorite team.

If this is true, I'll respect him. I won't boo him. But if the Big Hurt knocks some pitches over the fence against the White Sox, I won't be cheering.

Not shocked in the least. Frank Thomas is the prototype/stereotypical Moneyball player...takes walks, hits for power, hits for a solid average, can't play defense.

Gonna be weird seeing him in that piss and puke though. I think or hope everyone here wishes Frank nothing but the best.

Also Addy...I, personally dont want him retiring as an Oakland Athletic. I want him retiring as a Chicago White Sox.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 06:21 PM)
It's going to be f***ing weird to see him playing in a different uniform.

Sure will, but you'll get over it once you see Jenks blow him away with some powder river heat (see Jeff Bagwell, Game 1 World Series, Top 8th, 2 outs.)

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 05:06 PM)
Not shocked in the least.  Frank Thomas is the prototype/stereotypical Moneyball player...takes walks, hits for power, hits for a solid average, can't play defense. 

Gonna be weird seeing him in that piss and puke though.  I think or hope everyone here wishes Frank nothing but the best.

Also Addy...I, personally dont want him retiring as an Oakland Athletic.  I want him retiring as a Chicago White Sox.

:huh:

I'm hoping you mean one of those ceremonial Emmit Smith retirements. If so, you can have it...too hokey for my tastes.