Mackowiak available

beck72

Looks like Pitt. is taking offers for Mackowiak

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05342/619052.stm

Seeing how he can play 3b, 2b, and CF, giving Crede, Iguchi and Anderson some time off, I'd be very surprised if the sox didn't make a strong play for him. There was talk of the sox being interested in him last yr [or maybe just from us armchair GM's around here]. We'll see.

Looks like th ePirates are looking for relief help. Seeing how the sox are very strong in that dep't, I could see a match. Pitt is the kind of team that could use guys like Bajenaru, Adkins and Munoz.

Edited by beck72

Mets: Piazza, pitchers Braden Looper, Felix Heredia, Shingo Takatsu, Roberto Hernandez and Danny Graves, infielders Miguel Cairo, Doug Mientkiewicz and Jose Offerman, catcher Mike DiFelice and outfielder Gerald Williams were not offered arbitration.

Hmm...

No question he's a good fit.

Pirates want bullpen help and it's very possible they'll get Fabio Castro via the Rule 5 draft today, thru KC.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 09:20 AM)
I think I recall that Mackowiak always starts out hot and cools down a whole lot in the second half of the season.

Looking at his stats, though, it seems that he might not have cooled down as much in the second half of last year.

He KILLS the cubs too.

QUOTE(beck72 @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 05:25 AM)
Looks like Pitt. is taking offers for Mackowiak

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05342/619052.stm

Seeing how he can play 3b, 2b, and CF, giving Crede, Iguchi and Anderson some time off, I'd be very surprised if the sox didn't make a strong play for him. There was talk of the sox being interested in him last yr [or maybe just from us armchair GM's around here]. We'll see.

Looks like th ePirates are looking for relief help. Seeing how the sox are very strong in that dep't, I could see a match. Pitt is the kind of team that could use guys like Bajenaru, Adkins and Munoz.

Nice call, Beck.