take a look back at last years trade deadline

hi8is

QUOTE(hi8is @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 01:37 PM)
they didnt really ask for contreras, mccarthy, anderson, and marte did they?

I heard many different things. At one point, Contreras OR McCarthy AND Marte looked like it was going to get the deal done. Then, it appeared Florida pulled him back and refused to move him.

Now, I'm sitting here struggling over Kenny Williams will--or, better yet, should--trade Jon Garland before the season starts or take him into the season, putting McCarthy in the pen(which I'm not in favor for).

Kenny has a pair, boy. Damn.

In other news, his five-year board must be torn to s***. I can only imagine what it looks like now.

haha

good post addison... i know your not happy right now but hopefully the shock will wear off soon and youll be able to be chillin with a cold one and a smile.

i really think that all the speculation about garland/uribe = tejada or garland/anderson = abreu

could happen from a player stand point

moneys another issue, but if something like that was in the works.... id say we find the freaking money

the money would accually kinda be a wash

garland = 8 million in arbritration

uribe = 3.5

thats 11.5 million between them

doesnt tejada make like 14?

QUOTE(hi8is @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 01:46 PM)
good post addison... i know your not happy right now but hopefully the shock will wear off soon and youll be able to be chillin with a cold one and a smile.

You and me both. :lol:

To be perfectly honest with you, I think I was a little shell-shocked to see such a package headed out to the desert for a starting pitcher-albeit someone with "ace-stuff"--but, have since realized if Garland was simply not in the cards for 2006 and beyond, Kenny netted a front-of-the-rotation type pitcher for under $8M per year. That's pretty impressive.

But, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...don't tell Soxtalk I told you this. They're quite good when it comes to remembering. :ph34r:

i love KW

"I encourage all of you to put down the notebooks and stop reading the rumor mills and ignore us for a little while," Williams said. "We'll handle some of our little peripheral things in a quiet manner, and hopefully, if we ever have to make another announcement, we can all get back together and have another little talk about it."

edit: if you dont remember, he said that after signing konerko

Edited by hi8is

QUOTE(hi8is @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 01:59 PM)
i love KW

"I encourage all of you to put down the notebooks and stop reading the rumor mills and ignore us for a little while," Williams said. "We'll handle some of our little peripheral things in a quiet manner, and hopefully, if we ever have to make another announcement, we can all get back together and have another little talk about it."

edit: if you dont remember, he said that after signing konerko

Damn KW! How can he lie to me with a straight face like that?

I love his trades so far. If somehow, we can send Garland, Uribe and a prospect to the Orioles for Tejada, I will bow down to him whenever I see him. :notworthy

QUOTE(heirdog @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 03:18 PM)
I am pretty sure it was not the same as Arizona got Vasquez, Shawn Green and some prospects for RJ from Yankees and Dodgers in the 3-way.  I don't think RJ and JV had the same value straight up.

The Yankees wanted the same thing for Vazquez so they could flip those pieces for RJ.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 02:54 PM)
You and me both. :lol:

To be perfectly honest with you, I think I was a little shell-shocked to see such a package headed out to the desert for a starting pitcher-albeit someone with "ace-stuff"--but, have since realized if Garland was simply not in the cards for 2006 and beyond, Kenny netted a front-of-the-rotation type pitcher for under $8M per year.  That's pretty impressive.

But, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...don't tell Soxtalk I told you this.  They're quite good when it comes to remembering. :ph34r:

Like I said I was dissapointed, now you are seeing the light. By the way the five year board has gone bye bye, the World series has a tendancy to change things.