Barkley on ESPN1000

QUOTE(ThomeOnTheRange @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 03:59 PM)
Did anyone hear Charles Barkley being so f#$%ing racist on ESPN1000 this afternoon.  That guy is pathetic. I'll try to get a link to his conversation cause I'm sure it will show up tomorrow.  This guy hates white people.

did you know that Barkleys wife is white?

http://espn.go.com/classic/s/add_barkley_charles.html

Barkley married Maureen Blumhardt, who is white, in 1989. The mixed marriage was not popular in some sections of Philadelphia. The couple's daughter, Christiana, was also born in 1989.

sounds like a pretty racist guy to me to be marrying a person of another race :headshake

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 03:06 PM)

sounds like a pretty racist guy to me to be marrying a person of another race :headshake

i have his new book. It is very good and I recomend everybody read this. You don't have to be a basketball fan to like this.

QUOTE(ThomeOnTheRange @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 02:59 PM)
Did anyone hear Charles Barkley being so f#$%ing racist on ESPN1000 this afternoon.  That guy is pathetic. I'll try to get a link to his conversation cause I'm sure it will show up tomorrow.  This guy hates white people.

How the f*** can you call Barkley racist? Did you even listen to the damn interview? If anything he came away from that interview looking like the complete opposite.

"Don't call me a house slave just because I don't go around hating white people."

- Charles Barkley, talking to Jim Brown.

He called the leader of the Philadelphia chapter of the NAACP a Jackass and said the best way to further the cause of colored people is to stop killing eachother and get an education.

He did not make one racist comment in the least and came away looking intelligent and sensible as always.

I don't even think you listened to the interview.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 03:06 PM)

Maybe that person meant he was rascist like Richard Pryor was, he called his wife white honky b****.

How the f*** can you call Barkley racist? Did you even listen to the damn interview? If anything he came away from that interview looking like the complete opposite.

"Don't call me a house slave just because I don't go around hating white people."

- Charles Barkley, talking to Jim Brown.

He called the leader of the Philadelphia chapter of the NAACP a Jackass and said the best way to further the cause of colored people is to stop killing eachother and get an education.

He did not make one racist comment in the least and came away looking intelligent and sensible as always.

I don't even think you listened to the interview.

Man dude is speakng the truth.. Not just for blacks but every race.

Give me a break. "Sure I'll stay on the phone if a white man is paying for the phone call. I've never had one pay for a phone call." Yeah he may be awesome and he has a white wife, but what he was saying was just uncalled for. So if you want to rip on me for saying this, than do so, but this guy seriously has racist issues. Love him or hate him, but listen to the interview than make your comments.

QUOTE(ThomeOnTheRange @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 05:16 PM)
Give me a break.  "Sure I'll stay on the phone if a white man is paying for the phone call.  I've never had one pay for a phone call." Yeah he may be awesome and he has a white wife, but what he was saying was just uncalled for.  So if you want to rip on me for saying this, than do so, but this guy seriously has racist issues. Love him or hate him, but listen to the interview than make your comments.

I listened to the entire interview and didn't hear a single racist comment. The phonecall comment was a joke. They wanted him to stay for a second segment and he made a joke.

QUOTE(ThomeOnTheRange @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 05:16 PM)
Give me a break.  "Sure I'll stay on the phone if a white man is paying for the phone call.  I've never had one pay for a phone call." Yeah he may be awesome and he has a white wife, but what he was saying was just uncalled for.  So if you want to rip on me for saying this, than do so, but this guy seriously has racist issues. Love him or hate him, but listen to the interview than make your comments.

I have and I still don't find anything racist about it.

I didn't hear it but I've heard other interviews before...

I won't comment on him being racist, but I will say that because of how freely he speaks he does come out with some asshole comments from time to time.

I agree, so maybe I took it out of proportion and I apologize to all. Maybe he is just arrogant some times. Again I'm sorry.

QUOTE(ThomeOnTheRange @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 08:59 PM)

You have established yourself as a terrible poster right off the bat. Congratulations.