Official Blackhawks Thread

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 11:03 PM)
I went tonite, and for the most part the game was boring.  Solid effort by Munro, average defense, poor offense.  Calder, Lapointe, and Bell worked their asses off tonite and are the ONLY reason the Hawks scored.  Again, Arnason played like absolute s***, and obviously isn't willing to put in the effort to play in the NHL.

Richmond is severly undersized, but is a great skater.  The thing I'm confused about is, we already have Duncan Keith, why add another one who is worse in his own end?

Because Babchuk had 'attitude problems' so they got what they could for him, i guess. I'd rather have Richmond than Spacek though...i know that's not the trade, but i'll take some guys who can skate back there instead of simpson, cullimore, etc

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Jan 27, 2006 -> 04:03 PM)
I went tonite, and for the most part the game was boring.  Solid effort by Munro, average defense, poor offense.  Calder, Lapointe, and Bell worked their asses off tonite and are the ONLY reason the Hawks scored.  Again, Arnason played like absolute s***, and obviously isn't willing to put in the effort to play in the NHL.

Richmond is severly undersized, but is a great skater.  The thing I'm confused about is, we already have Duncan Keith, why add another one who is worse in his own end?

How did Vrbata and Yakubov look? Radim's cooled off in his past few games, and Yak didn't see much ice time tonight.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jan 27, 2006 -> 12:38 AM)
Because Babchuk had 'attitude problems' so they got what they could for him, i guess. I'd rather have Richmond than Spacek though...i know that's not the trade, but i'll take some guys who can skate back there instead of simpson, cullimore, etc

Yeah, I think I had guessed that earlier about him, but still, I'm sure there were better options, and if we were trading away a player like Babchuk who was drafted in the first round, we could have gotten more picks or something else of worth.

How did Vrbata and Yakubov look? Radim's cooled off in his past few games, and Yak didn't see much ice time tonight.

Vrbata looked good, he actually played well defensively, and he contributed to the Hawks few scoring opportunities. Yak look nonexistent, didn't do much offensively and lost his man a few times on D. However, to his credit he did win a bunch of faceoffs, and the ones he lost he tied up his man well.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jan 28, 2006 -> 12:49 PM)

Wow talk about a knee jerk reaction, before you know it, they'll be shipping out Vorobiev for a 9th rounder. :bang

And to think Yak had what a 2 or 3 point game a few games ago as well.

A possible deal in the works with Boston....

Here's the trade as reported on Spectors:

BOSTON GLOBE: Kevin Paul Dupont reports a Chicago radio station "floated the notion" that the Bruins might ship struggling goaltender Andrew Raycroft and forward Sergei Samsonov to the Blackhawks in exchange for forwards Tyler Arnason and Mark Bell. Dupont noted Samsonov has a "strong connection" with Blackhawks director of player personnel Rick Dudley, who brought Samsonov to the IHL Detroit Vipers back in 1996 and formed a fast friendship with the Russian winger, and that might mean Dudley could be lobbying 'Hawks management to acquire Samsonov and then hopefully re-sign him this summer.

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Jan 27, 2006 -> 04:46 PM)
In all his time in Chi-Town, he might have used it twice.

So far, he has looked pretty good with the Canes. Too soon to know whether Babchuk is going to fit in, but Richmond never had a place with the Canes this season (he spent more time with the Lock Monsters).

QUOTE(soxhawks @ Jan 29, 2006 -> 03:24 PM)
i dont know if i want anyone on the hawks, but raycroft sucks.

Former rookie of the year, hell give him to us, he can't be worse than Munro, who was awful today...

Yeah, I went again, and Richmond sucks, Arnason again is unproductive, and this team just doesn't know how to win. Another solid game by Vrbata though...

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Jan 29, 2006 -> 05:27 PM)
Former rookie of the year, hell give him to us, he can't be worse than Munro, who was awful today...

Yeah, I went again, and Richmond sucks, Arnason again is unproductive, and this team just doesn't know how to win.  Another solid game by Vrbata though...

The good news is that you can't go for over a month :lol:

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jan 30, 2006 -> 04:57 PM)
Looks like Aucoin is out hurt yet again... this time its a seperated shoulder...Hawks have called up Jim Wisniewski.

Aucoin would be hoping like hell to get the hell out of Chicago the way things have gone for him here.

And hell if they are gonna trade for Raycroft (give up Arny, but I'm still leery on giving up Bell), they might as well trade Khabi and Aucoin and get some 1st and 2nd round picks, and keep rebuilding, cos it's clear as hell, this veteran talent ain't doin s***.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jan 30, 2006 -> 02:36 PM)
This isn't Hawks related, but i thought it'd mention it.

The Blues have begun their fire sale...they traded their two leading scorers...Weight to the Canes, Sillinger to the Preds

What did they get for them?

Trading those guys may not be that bad of an idea. The Blues are going NOWHERE this year and probably next year either, might as well get some up-and-coming players for them. If they traded them for old guys, then it makes no sense to me.