The Count possibly to the Astros?

sayitaintso

QUOTE(fathom @ Jan 8, 2006 -> 02:57 PM)
I'd have to say it's becoming pretty clear that Anderson will be the starting CF for the Sox next season.  After everything KW's said, it would look real bad upon Anderson if he acquired someone else (and this is coming from someone who doesn't believe much of what KW says in the media).

I agree. This tells you how confident KW is in Brian Anderson. To let a rookie play the the most important outfield possition on a World Championship team is really something. Well hopefully in 2006 we will see why KW was soooo high on this kid since he drafted him. I just remember those 2 homeruns off Felix Hernandez in Seattle last year, that was huge! Anyways in Kenny I trust, and if he says Brian is ready to be a fulltime player on our roster I believe him!

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jan 8, 2006 -> 09:47 AM)
I agree. This tells you how confident KW is in Brian Anderson. To let a rookie play the the most important outfield possition on a World Championship team is really something. Well hopefully in 2006 we will see why KW was soooo high on this kid since he drafted him. I just remember those 2 homeruns off Felix Hernandez in Seattle last year, that was huge! Anyways in Kenny I trust, and if he says Brian is ready to be a fulltime player on our roster I believe him!

I don't consider those 2 homers as an indication of anything. Basically, you had a AAA hitter tattoo a AAA pitcher.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 8, 2006 -> 12:36 PM)
I don't consider those 2 homers as an indication of anything.  Basically, you had a AAA hitter tattoo a AAA pitcher.

A triple A pitcher that dominated the league in his 84 IP. He's pretty much going to be a Johan Santana results wise. He is gonna be incredible.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 8, 2006 -> 08:05 AM)
He always says it has never been discussed or some crap like that.....

You callin' KW a liar? :nono

Why would KW go through so much trouble trying to cover up any interest in a guy like Taveras? :huh:

If KW says he feels that Brian Anderson is ready and flet that way when he traded Rowand, then I'm going to believe him when he says they weren't interested in a particular player who plays CF.

Since I'm with KW on this subject, I'm going to count that as another big whiff for mlbtraderumors.

Edited by santo=dorf

The fact that KW got a little testy about it says something to me. It could mean he's cranky about people not believing in Brian Anderson or it could mean he's cranky about any under-the-radar discussions which may affect Anderson's confidence.

Either way, players are discussed between teams all the time.