New Tejada News: O's reportedly make a proposal...

maggsmaggs

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 01:37 PM)
If were throwing in a top pitching prospect, I want Berdard. Count Uribe and Sweeney are enough in my eyes, but if we are throwing in a top prospect(I guess Tracey or Broadway???) then I want another starter back.

I would throw Tracey in this deal without thinking about it. He, IMO, doesn't have more than a role relief pitcher career in his future.

QUOTE(Al Lopez's Ghost @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 07:39 PM)
We've been going nuts on Tejada for weeks, and I'd like to see him in silver and black as long as we keep Bmac. But the funniest thing would be seeing Cub fans going nuts if we got Miggy.

And don't for one second think that KW/JR don't know this would shock the city even more.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 01:17 PM)
Again, this is off of MLB Trade Rumors.  But, the O's propsed Count, Uribe, Sweeney and a top pitching prospect for Tejada.

Top pitching prospect? Uh no. Lance Broadway or Liotta is the only ones I would think they would want, with him AND Sweeney, no freakin way. Count, Uribe and Sweeney I would do however.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 01:33 PM)
mlbtraderumors.com is not a bulls*** site.  He does in fact have legitimate sources.  And all baseball teams go through tons of proposals and interest in players.

Hey maybe I am wrong, who knows. I am a bit sour on it just based on things that happened this week. One of the "sources" he quoted was a fan webboard. It kind of puts a shroud of illegitamacy when a site quotes a fan webboard as a source.

This rumor will get heated up and tomorrow we will see Contreras resigns with Whitesox for 2 years $22 mill with a team option for a third year. He knows its either that or play in Baltimore, suck it up in an all-white locker room in Houston, or continue his success as a top of the rotation pitcher with the World Champs.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 02:33 PM)
mlbtraderumors.com is not a bulls*** site.  He does in fact have legitimate sources.  And all baseball teams go through tons of proposals and interest in players.

Mlbtraderumors.com is the most laughable site on the net.

I don't know which "rumor" was funnier;

The Sox trading Buehrle to the Cardinals because JR can't afford him, or Barry Larkin coming out of retirement to play for the Cubs from a source that had Thanksgiving dinner with Larkin' brother.

:lolhitting

QUOTE(heirdog @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 01:36 PM)
Sounds similar to the Cubs type deal that was being offered so I would think for the package the Sox are giving up, Bedard would be included as well.  Cubs offer was like Prior, Neifi, Patterson and Rich Hill.  We would give up arguably the better "ace" in Contreras, a better younger SS in Uribe over Neifi, a better OF prospect in Sweeney over Patterson and maybe a solid lefty like Lumsden or Liotta for Tejada and Bedard.  The Cubs deal went nowhere but it was a start, now that its been upgraded with Sox players it might happen.  I would give up Count, Uribe, Sweeney and either Liotta or Lumsden as long as we got both Tejada and Bedard.  No BMac in the deal!!!!!

If I was the O's Prior would be of greater value to me than Contreras

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 01:42 PM)
Hey maybe I am wrong, who knows.  I am a bit sour on it just based on things that happened this week.  One of the "sources" he quoted was a fan webboard.  It kind of puts a shroud of illegitamacy when a site quotes a fan webboard as a source.

Yeah, im not sure who said it was a legit site, but its pretty much rotoworld without sources.

QUOTE(heirdog @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 02:44 PM)
This rumor will get heated up and tomorrow we will see Contreras resigns with Whitesox for 2 years $22 mill with a team option for a third year.  He knows its either that or play in Baltimore, suck it up in an all-white locker room in Houston, or continue his success as a top of the rotation pitcher with the World Champs.

While I may not entirely agree with your last second, The first sentence (money aside) would not surprise me.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 03:45 PM)

I don't disagree with you but in terms of who is the better pitcher, I think Contreras with what he showed at the end of last year is better than what Prior showed in his lone healthy stretch in 2003. Again, Prior may end up being a real stud for the next 12 years but who knows? That is why I put the disclaimer, "arguably" on there. The rest of the deal really favors the Sox players over the Cubs ones so that is why I think for this to happen, Bedard would need to be in the picture too. Kenny has really set his sites on Bedard too so I could see him going for the kill with both. That makes our other pitching prospects less necessary if we have a young Garland, a resigned MB, BMac, Bedard and either Freddy or Vazquez anchoring the staff for the next few years.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 01:45 PM)

potential aside.... which probably could be considered a wash,

Prior is much more valuable to Baltimore with his age and ability to fill a few more seats. That being said, Uribe is an obvious upgrade over Perez, and Sweeney instead of Patterson, one would think that more than makes up for what was lost in the deal with the Cubs.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 02:51 PM)
But they could trade him for a slew of prospects and not get a lot of grief about it from their fanbase.

True. They aren't in any position right now to win that division. They'll probably be right above the Devil Rays. Maybe they need to stock up prospects, and compete in a couple years. By then, maybe the Yankees and Red Sox will have slowed down the spending spree...NOT! :bang

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 02:51 PM)
potential aside.... which probably could be considered a wash,

Prior is much more valuable to Baltimore with his age and ability to fill a few more seats.  That being said, Uribe is an obvious upgrade over Perez, and Sweeney instead of Patterson, one would think that more than makes up for what was lost in the deal with the Cubs.

He's not worth much if he is hurt as usual...

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 02:55 PM)
He's not worth much if he is hurt as usual...

The Orioles will train him how to run bases, and avoid line drives off the forearm, so this won't happen. If the Cubs keep him, I hope they don't do that.

I would defiantly like this deal to happen.

Uribe would be replaced.

Count, in a sense, has already been replaced.

Off the top of my head, we don't have any top pitching prospects(BMac is certainly out of the picture here), so we don't need to replace.

That leaves Sweeney.

We still are overpaying though, but I still would still pull the trigger if they would not be willing to bargain down.

Not sure who is in their pen, but they should throw us over a reliever.

QUOTE(heirdog @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 01:51 PM)
I don't disagree with you but in terms of who is the better pitcher, I think Contreras with what he showed at the end of last year is better than what Prior showed in his lone healthy stretch in 2003. 

wow, are you serious?

Prior in 2003 was 18-6 with a 2.43 ERA and 245 k's 50 bb's

this was the counts best year and he was 15-7 3.61 154 k's 75 bb's post all star he had a 2.96 ERA. Not even as good as Priors whole season.

Seriously, you need to research your claims before you type them.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 02:00 PM)
wow, are you serious?

Prior in 2003 was 18-6 with a 2.43 ERA and 245 k's  50 bb's

this was the counts best year and he was 15-7 3.61 154 k's 75 bb's  post all star he had a 2.96 ERA.  Not even as good as Priors whole season. 

Seriously, you need to research your claims before you type them.

11-2 2.96 in the second half (AL, not NL) and 3-1 3.09 in the playoffs is hardly chopped liver. Prior allowed more hits in '03 than Contreras allowed last year as well.

Edited by Adam G

QUOTE(Adam G @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 02:03 PM)
11-2 2.96 in the second half (AL, not NL) and 3-1 3.09 in the playoffs is hardly chopped liver.

Yes, no s*** he is good. Read the post before you respond. His claim was that the count was better last year than Prior in 2003. Which is NOT true.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 02:04 PM)
Yes, no s*** he is good.  Read the post before you respond.  His claim was that the count was better last year than Prior in 2003.  Which is NOT true.

What the hell do you think I was replying to?

And that's JUST your opinion.