New White Sox song "88 Years"

SSH2005

I don't think anyone can rightfully say the theme song to the White Sox's championship run was any better than this song.

It's not that bad. Obviously it's one that doesn't go on your iPod, but I can't see how people are puking over it? It's jazz bazed, and I guarantee that somewhere down the line many of you will be drunk in a Chicago bar and that song will come on and you'll all go, "Good times."

It's a song about the White Sox for heaven's sake. Not love, life and everything.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 04:21 AM)
I don't think anyone can rightfully say the theme song to the White Sox's championship run was any better than this song.

It's not that bad. Obviously it's one that doesn't go on your iPod, but I can't see how people are puking over it? It's jazz bazed, and I guarantee that somewhere down the line many of you will be drunk in a Chicago bar and that song will come on and you'll all go, "Good times."

It's a song about the White Sox for heaven's sake. Not love, life and everything.

It's pretty terrible. It sounds like something Ana Gasteyer would have sung on SNL.

As hard as it is for me to say, being a Journey hater, Don't Stop Believin' is 1,000 times better than that song.

I must say, though, that I've never heard one team-based song I've liked. I don't like that 50's GoGo Sox song, the Super Bowl Shuffle made me :puke , and I don't even like Go Cubs Go!!!!

Don't Stop Believin' wasn't written for a sports team, it was just co-opted by one - that alone makes it better than any team-based song.

Did a little looking around, and it appears she is quite successful already.

Also, for the "she like women" comment, I can't seem to find where she is a "lesbian" in any of the stuff. She comes from the Christian music scene, and I am not too sure how friendly they are towards people of "alternative lifestyles". Plus she takes her kids on tour with her.

QUOTE(hi8is @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 06:22 AM)
hey... at least she likes other women!

One of the less informed things you have said. It was a bad song, but jeez take it down a notch, she wasnt ripping the White Sox. This isnt bat-girl coming up with b**** Sox and calling Ozzie "Darth Vader", this is a fan who is in a music genre that none of us really follow(or appreciate).

QUOTE(wilmot825 @ Jan 8, 2006 -> 03:46 PM)
Why....Why? This is crap, this b**** should sing for the Cubs, they like s*** like this

cant anyone stop at "I dont like it"? Total disrespect

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 06:42 AM)
I must say, though, that I've never heard one team-based song I've liked. I don't like that 50's GoGo Sox song, the Super Bowl Shuffle made me  :puke , and I don't even like Go Cubs Go!!!!

The Bears and Blackhawks have pretty cool fight songs.

QUOTE(thomsonmi @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 01:24 PM)
The Bears and Blackhawks have pretty cool fight songs.

I should have clarified, I excluded fight songs because those are more of an "official" team thing ( kind of like college fight songs ) and not a fan tribute or novelty song.

That said, I don't really follow football ( I know, BLASPHEMY ), and the Blackhawks are just too painful on every level right now.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 04:46 PM)
I should have clarified, I excluded fight songs because those are more of an "official" team thing ( kind of like college fight songs ) and not a fan tribute or novelty song.

That said, I don't really follow football ( I know, BLASPHEMY ), and the Blackhawks are just too painful on every level right now.

Listen to the best fight song Ever Made!!!

http://www.chargers.com/fan_zone/superchargers.cfm

JiYea!!!