Bin Laden, Al Qaeda ordered attacks on Israel

southsider2k5

QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 01:41 PM)
Muslims that want Israel destroyed???

Who'd have thunk it?

:banghead

The Iraqi Al-Qaeda leader then laid down two conditions for giving up the jihad.

"First, chase out the invaders from our territory in Palestine, in Iraq and everywhere in Islamic land.

"Second, instal sharia (Islamic law) on the entire Earth and spread Islamic justice there (...). The attacks will not cease until after the victory of Islam and the setting up of sharia," he swore.

Zarqawi concluded: "O young Muslims everywhere in the world, and in particular in the neighbouring countries (of Iraq) and in Yemen, I recommend jihad to you (...). O nation of Islam, America is today drawing its last breath."

This pretty much tells you that this is not about a claim to an area or their right to return. Because even after phase 1 happens, you know the Israel driven into the sea and the infadels run out of the middle east. We then move on to phase 2, which speaks volumes to what the real agenda of the terrorists are, to install Sharia everywhere in the world. Everything is Islamic or you die.

So for all of the liberals who think that this is just about giving the terrorists a bit of land in Israel, or the right to return. They basically want the destruction of all things not muslim and will call for Jihad until the world is one big Islamic Fundamentalist state.

This pretty much tells you that this is not about a claim to an area or their right to return.  Because even after phase 1 happens, you know the Israel driven into the sea and the infadels run out of the middle east.  We then move on to phase 2, which speaks volumes to what the real agenda of the terrorists are, to install Sharia everywhere in the world.  Everything is Islamic or you die. 

So for all of the liberals who think that this is just about giving the terrorists a bit of land in Israel, or the right to return.  They basically want the destruction of all things not muslim and will call for Jihad until the world is one big Islamic Fundamentalist state.

I'm glad I'm not the only one here that understands this!

:cheers

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 11:55 AM)
This pretty much tells you that this is not about a claim to an area or their right to return.  Because even after phase 1 happens, you know the Israel driven into the sea and the infadels run out of the middle east.  We then move on to phase 2, which speaks volumes to what the real agenda of the terrorists are, to install Sharia everywhere in the world.  Everything is Islamic or you die. 

So for all of the liberals who think that this is just about giving the terrorists a bit of land in Israel, or the right to return.  They basically want the destruction of all things not muslim and will call for Jihad until the world is one big Islamic Fundamentalist state.

I think the problem with this analysis is that it's just overly simplistic...it assumes that every Muslim is a follower of Bin Laden and they're willing to fight Israel to the death in order to push her back into the sea.

In Iraq, we've chosen to try to believe, for right or wrong, that there are forces in that nation which actually want to be able to live in peace, and our stated goal has been to try to help those forces build a nation.

I would contend there exists a large number of people in the Palestinian lands who, if given the choice between the mess now and a peaceful situation next to Israel, would choose the latter and go about their lives. I could be wrong of course, having never lived there.

Are there those like Bin Laden, who's only goal is their insane "world under muslim leadership with everyone following me" philosophy? Of course. But the question is...should we base our policies on acknowledging those people, or should we try to build up the others, who may actually want better lives? Bin Laden is nothing if he doesn't have someone to fly the plane for him.

Balta: don't you read any posts in here? There are very clearly only two positions to every situation in the world. Youre either on the right side of history or on the wrong side of history.

All muslims are either peace loving or evil world-haters. All jews are either peace loving or palestinian torturers. All American christians are either being oppressed or oppressing others.

Once you figure this out, things will finally go a lot smoother in this forum.

No one claimed the all Muslims were thinking like Bin Ladin or Zarqawi. That argument should be part of the equation, because it wasn't broached. However, the stated goals of these jerks are pretty clear and to the point, yet that part of gets ignored. Typical liberal misdirection ploy.

Posts 2, 3 and 4 in this thread.

Unless I'm misreading this:

So for all of the liberals who think that this is just about giving the terrorists a bit of land in Israel, or the right to return. They basically want the destruction of all things not muslim and will call for Jihad until the world is one big Islamic Fundamentalist state.

And here I was thinking this was the right of a nation to self-determination. Silly me.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 09:10 PM)
Posts 2, 3 and 4 in this thread.

Unless I'm misreading this:

And here I was thinking this was the right of a nation to self-determination. Silly me.

I must be misreading something, because I still don't see it. It seems to me you are making a huge leap to say that Al-Qaida = Palestinian was even implied.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 08:35 AM)
This entire thread is based on the supposition that Iraq-Al Qaeda is now apparently the mouthpiece of the Palestinians.

It's like implying that Fred Phelps speaks for all Christians.

You specified posts 2, 3 and 4. The word "Palestinians" is not even mentioned once in any of those posts. Muslims, yes. Palestinians, no.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 12:25 PM)
OK fine, substitute muslim for palestinian and the point is exactly the goddamn same.

The point is not "exactly the goddamn same". It's entirely different. Al-Qaida called upon all Muslims to puch isreal into the sea.

You said:

You just had two people in this thread agree with the idea that Al Qaeda = palestinians. That's kinda sad.

Let's try this now ...

You just had two people in this thread agree with the idea that Al Qaeda = Muslim. That's kinda sad.

Now, I make the point that though all Muslim does not = Al Qaeda, that all Al Qaeda = Muslim. Your "point" is not the goddamn same. Not even close.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 01:58 PM)
You're making that point. But there are others in the thread (Posts 2, 3, and 4) are clearly not.

You are assuming that they were making the points which you found so disturbing. They didn't.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 02:59 PM)
You are assuming that they were making the points which you found so disturbing.  They didn't.

Oh come on now - of course they did. Seriously. It was said that this was over a piece of land in Israel, which CLEARLY connects Palestinian national interests with Al Qaeda. Anyone claiming otherwise is being obtuse in the extreme.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 03:10 PM)
Are you insinuating people are stubborn here? What? Never!

I'm saying people tend to make a statement to drive home a point, then later deny making that point by being pedantic about the exact word choice. I call it the Bytes-Only defense...

Person A: "Caribou are dumb"

Person B: "You said Caribou are stupid"

Person A: "No I didn't - read my posts"

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 02:09 PM)
Oh come on now - of course they did.  Seriously.  It was said that this was over a piece of land in Israel, which CLEARLY connects Palestinian national interests with Al Qaeda.  Anyone claiming otherwise is being obtuse in the extreme.

That (a piece of land in Isreal) was a part of the Al Qaeda's agenda. I'll give that point ... but only that point. It's more about getting "the infidels" off of "Muslim land" than it is about the Palestinians. Remember, prior the establishment of the state of Isreal, the Arab/Muslim world didn't really give a damn about the Palestinians.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 03:14 PM)
That (a piece of land in Isreal) was a part of the Al Qaeda's agenda.  I'll give that point ... but only  that point.  It's more about getting "the infidels" off of "Muslim land" than it is about the Palestinians.  Remember, prior the establishment of the state of Isreal, the Arab/Muslim world didn't really give a damn about the Palestinians.

That is something worth noting. The Israelis and the Palestinians are both groups who were low-man on the totem pole for a long time, and now they were dropped into the bucket together. A fact which explains a lot.

As for getting the infidels off Muslim "land", I think it has become that for a certain swath of the Middle East's population, unfortunately (precentages varying by country). But I think that happened, at least in part, because of things that both Israel and the West have done in the Middle East. Therefore I still believe that can be unwound with our involvement, if given the right attention and a lot of time.

I can speak for myself on this issue.

I NEVER said all Muslims are evil and/or want to destroy Israel. I said all RADICAL Islamists are evil and/or want to destroy Israel.

Now...take the number of Muslims in the world (approximately 1.6 BILLION people) or 1/4 of the world's population. Lets assume that 1/100 of 1% of those are radical Islamists and/or sympathetic to radical Islamists, you are talking about 160,000 hard core Muslim enemies of Israel. (IMO, you can multiply that number by at least 10.).

EIther way, that is quite a threat to Israel's survival.