Explain your Screen Name?

Texsox

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

being the younger brother to EvilMonkey can be tough sometimes. When we were younger, i was hanging out with EM and his friends had a habit of calling people by their last names (man i hate people like that). Our last name is Judd. EM was Judd to this friend and when i tagged along i was Little Judd. That didn't sound so good so i changed it to Juddling and there it is.

I've explained my handle around here a few times, but we have some newbies, so here goes ....

YASNY takes the first letter of the phrase (and the song) You Ain't Seen Nuthin' Yet. It evolved from a phrase I would use a lot in chat rooms to a handle.

No, it has nothing to do with New York.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 11:55 AM)
Although I haven't been posting as of late, I live a block off Addison on the Northwest side of Chicago; born and raised deep within the heart of Cub country, my allegiance has never wavered.

I dig it.

How far west, just wondering?

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 10:21 AM)
He still posts on the MLB board though, I think. I could swear that the last time I stopped by there (I have no idea when it was, but within the year I think) I was shocked to see him still posting.

I think his new name was Tenoose. I could be wrong, though.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 12:28 PM)
I've explained my handle around here a few times, but we have some newbies, so here goes ....

YASNY  takes the first letter of the phrase (and the song) You Ain't Seen Nuthin' Yet.  It evolved from a phrase I would use a lot in chat rooms to a handle. 

Yet people still call you YANSY :P

When I first registered for the MLB boards, I thought I saw some guideline that the name had to be 10 letters long. I don't think it actually did, but whatever. I dropped the h instead of the i, and witesoxfan is formed.

Ohhhh, almost forget to talk about the baby. It was actually a pic q\/\/3r+y showed me one time, and I loved it...so it instantly became my avatar. It's been my avatar since like February or March, because I remember CubKilla talking about it on Sox and Roll...hell, maybe even earlier than that.

The "go sox" was added during the playoffs.

Edited by witesoxfan

LosMediasBlancas  Yesterday, 06:03 AM Post #118 

My favorite is 'Are you daft'? WTF was that? Who speaks that way?

I have never, ever heard anyone use the word 'daft' in a conversation. 

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 04:26 PM)
I have never, ever heard anyone use the word 'daft' in a conversation. In the US? Pompous asses use it, of which NCor always came across. Though he did drop me a line to tell me he loved my screen name.

I believe it is more common in the UK as a normal word. The Plodding one could answer that.

Don't be daft, doesn't every Tom, Dick and Harry talk this way?

Edited by DePloderer

There wasn't much thought put into my name, at least not as much as other people tended to put in. It was about a 30 second decision.

1. Everyone else seemed to have "sox" in their name.

2. I wanted people to know I was female, hence the "girl"

3. I guess I was feeling good about myself that day so I threw the "Foxy" on :gosox3:

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 10:28 AM)

YASNY  takes the first letter of the phrase (and the song) You Ain't Seen Nuthin' Yet.  It evolved from a phrase I would use a lot in chat rooms to a handle. 

You mean you aren't a Carl Yastremsky fan? Actually that is what I thought at first.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 09:54 PM)

You mean you aren't a Carl Yastremsky fan?

Actually that is what I thought at first.

I've never made that connection before. YAS ain't a bad nickname for my nickname. Last AL Triple Crown winner and HOF'er. Not bad at all.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 12, 2006 -> 07:03 AM)
I've never made that connection before.  YAS ain't a bad nickname for my nickname.  Last AL Triple Crown winner and HOF'er.  Not bad at all.

I figured you for a Yas fan from NY, or possibly Yastremsky was your name. The actual is cooler.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Jan 12, 2006 -> 07:03 PM)
I am a huge Queen fan as well as Pepe the Prawn from the Muppets fan and since he is a King Prawn, I became Queen Prawn.  I think either FlasoxxJim or Tex came up with it.

I miss your Pepe avatar. I also was thrilled by our Queen discussion in that thread, and it thrilled me to realize that was where your name came from. :D