Explain your Screen Name?

Texsox

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 09:59 AM)
My name is Tony, my last name starts with Ho, and 7476 is my birthdate.  That's right, I was born on July 4th, 1976.  I am a bi-centennial birthday boy.  Bow down!

That's pretty cool.

Your parents were probably pissed they couldn't go out and get s***-faced that night. :lol:

I was raised on the Southside of Chicago, I am Irish and the 71 is my birth year.

I have been using this handle on message boards since 2000 when I broke my whitesox message board cherry with ESPN. After dealing with sensless cub trolls and the king of trolls Boog I found my way like a lot of ex-ESPN'ers to the hallowed grounds of soxtalk.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 10:13 AM)
The speed of light is ~3 x 10^8 m/s.

3 x 10^8 = 3E8.

I'm that fast.

And you're a nerd?

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 09:59 AM)
My name is Tony, my last name starts with Ho, and 7476 is my birthdate.  That's right, I was born on July 4th, 1976.  I am a bi-centennial birthday boy.  Bow down!

That's really friggin' cool! Shame of it though is that you have no idea how silly this country was on your birthday.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 11:16 AM)
I was raised on the Southside of Chicago, I am Irish and the 71 is my birth year. 

I have been using this handle on message boards since 2000 when I broke my whitesox message board cherry with ESPN.  After dealing with sensless cub trolls and the king of trolls Boog I found my way like a lot of ex-ESPN'ers to the hallowed grounds of soxtalk.

^^

That's almost exactly how I got here... I wonder if Boog has had the balls to show his face for the last 4 months?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 11:52 AM)
^^

That's almost exactly how I got here... I wonder if Boog has had the balls to show his face for the last 4 months?

Who is this Boog fellow? Has he trolled here too? Any greatest hits?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 10:52 AM)
^^

Actually he seemed to have died since the World Series win. Veeky/ESPN john shows up from time to time. They have mods now, the one of the whitesox board is rdivaldi I think.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 11:57 AM)
Who is this Boog fellow?  Has he trolled here too?  Any greatest hits?

He was a troll on the ESPN boards who stole an Indians fan name and used to tell Sox fans how bad the team was. He claimed to be our "realist" which was code for he liked to revel in our teams failures and then rub it in our faces. He tried registering here under a couple of different names, but got banned in a heartbeat when he would pop up.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 12:19 PM)
Actually he seemed to have died since the World Series win.  Veeky/ESPN john shows up from time to time.  They have mods now, the one of the whitesox board is rdivaldi I think.

FYI Espnjohn did follow us over here. He posts as Juggernaut. Also I know for a fact that Veeky wasn't Juggs, it was someone from here, but completely different.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 12:58 PM)
He tried registering here under a couple of different names, but got banned in a heartbeat when he would pop up.

arent you tempted to just let him have a shot at being a poster here, just to hear his "realism"? I mean, we have the ultimate trump card now, and the team doesnt look to suck next year. If he got out of hand, buhbye....

i know its not realistic, but its funny to see trolls actually have nothing to say anymore. There was a guy named Cubster over on the chicagosports boards who promised playoffs and a championship in 2004, and he hasnt been seen but twice in a year now. Once to admit he was wrong.

when I was 16, 8 years ago. I was still new to aol. My best friend stayed over one night and we were talking to people in a chat room. It was about 7 am when we were just messing with random people in the chat. Some older guy from canada named rangercal was getting mad . So my buddy wrote F...you Rangercal! He reported it to aol and it went straight to the main accounts email ( my aunts email) I knew her password and deleted it. I would have been grounded for a month if she found out. My buddy and I will never forget that name . We joked about it for a while. So this is just to remind me how funny that time was.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 12:06 PM)
arent you tempted to just let him have a shot at being a poster here, just to hear his "realism"?  I mean, we have the ultimate trump card now, and the team doesnt look to suck next year.  If he got out of hand, buhbye....

i know its not realistic, but its funny to see trolls actually have nothing to say anymore.  There was a guy named Cubster over on the chicagosports boards who promised playoffs and a championship in 2004, and he hasnt been seen but twice in a year now.  Once to admit he was wrong.

Another troll we don't hear from anymore is Incorgbl, I do miss knocking his pompus ass around. In fact, he has been the only poster here I really didn't mind calling out.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 11:58 AM)
He was a troll on the ESPN boards who stole an Indians fan name and used to tell Sox fans how bad the team was.  He claimed to be our "realist" which was code for he liked to revel in our teams failures and then rub it in our faces.  He tried registering here under a couple of different names, but got banned in a heartbeat when he would pop up.

Don't forget that for a long time he refused to tell us who "his" team was because then the arguements would just degenerate into "your team sucks more".

He's a D-Backs fan. :lol:

Never compared to Supertroll though. He was probably the final straw for everyone to flee the boards.

Remember "Sox Suck Indians Rule!" 10000 times?

Edited by Iwritecode

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 12:13 PM)
Don't forget that for a long time he refused to tell us who "his" team was because then the arguements would just degenerate into "your team sucks more".

He's a D-Backs fan...  :lol:

OMG! LMAO :headbang :lolhitting

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 01:13 PM)

He's a D-Backs fan.  :lol:

Never compared to Supertroll though. He was probably the final straw for everyone to flee the boards.

Remember "Sox Suck Indians Rule!" 10000 times?

Ah yes the good old days :cheers

Good old supertroll was the main guy who started the KerryWood>MarkBuehrle crap too. I wonder where he is now... Bagging groceries or handing out carts?