Explain your Screen Name?

Texsox

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 11:58 AM)
He was a troll on the ESPN boards who stole an Indians fan name and used to tell Sox fans how bad the team was.  He claimed to be our "realist" which was code for he liked to revel in our teams failures and then rub it in our faces.  He tried registering here under a couple of different names, but got banned in a heartbeat when he would pop up.

lol Boog_Alou, I remember that guy, he had more posts than almost every single regular and maybe he did have the most posts there. I was known as William_Tell13 there, haha big difference I know. I liked being there but the new format sucked I thought and most of all the trolls were all over the place such as Boog and DoveMason from the Cubs board and many others.

My name comes from the legend of William Tell obviously. My last name is Tell and I've been nicknamed William or Billy because of that.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 12:42 PM)
lol Boog_Alou, I remember that guy, he had more posts than almost every single regular and maybe he did have the most posts there. I was known as William_Tell13 there, haha big difference I know. I liked being there but the new format sucked I thought and most of all the trolls were all over the place such as Boog and DoveMason from the Cubs board and many others.

My name comes from the legend of William Tell obviously. My last name is Tell and I've been nicknamed William or Billy because of that.

When I see you post, I always think about "the second arrow".

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 12:17 PM)
Ah yes the good old days :cheers

Good old supertroll was the main guy who started the KerryWood>MarkBuehrle crap too.  I wonder where he is now...  Bagging groceries or handing out carts?

haha I remember him aswell. The ESPN boards were always interesting, I will say that. I always used to get pissed off at the Twins board, mainly because they were beating us.

Boog's real name was scott...or scotty Boog :)

I've had my name since 2000 on the ESPN message board. I was apart of the great phone call of 2001, amongst other hilarious fiascos. You can blame southsider for inviting me here.

Sox (as in the white ones) 4 (the hip way to write "for") Life (in constant search of one) in (well, in) PA (PEE-AYE)

I'd go by just PA, but I've been told that makes me look like a grandfather. I'd be happy with "PA, of the hill people" In case there are any mods out there.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 12:45 PM)
He had one for the apple on his son's head.  The second one was for the guy that forced him to shoot the apple off his son's head ... in case he missed.

Oh well see I didn't know that. I probably should have known about the 2nd arrow. I missed that part I guess.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 12:46 PM)
Boog's real name was scott...or scotty Boog :)

I've had my name since 2000 on the ESPN message board. I was apart of the great phone call of 2001, amongst other hilarious fiascos. You can blame southsider for inviting me here.

Sox (as in the white ones) 4 (the hip way to write "for") Life (in constant search of one) in (well, in) PA (PEE-AYE)

I'd go by just PA, but I've been told that makes me look like a grandfather.  I'd be happy with "PA, of the hill people" In case there are any mods out there.

What was the great phone call of 2001? I came around in late 2002 or early 2003 so that was before my time.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 01:48 PM)
What was the great phone call of 2001? I came around in late 2002 or early 2003 so that was before my time.

ESPN screwed up and put the phone number to a confrence call out in public in one of their wire reports. A BUNCH of people got a hold of the number and "joined" in on the call. It was freaking hysterical.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 12:51 PM)
ESPN screwed up and put the phone number to a confrence call out in public in one of their wire reports.  A BUNCH of people got a hold of the number and "joined" in on the call.  It was freaking hysterical.

lol shucks I wish I would've seen it. Those boards are Bush League compared to this one though. I remember those guys always used to complain about soxtalk and when soxtalk passed the ESPN White Sox board in total posts everyone was pissed off. I laughed about it and had to check out soxtalk but I didn't become a member for a longtime. My favorite poster there was Bridgeport Joe and Chisox361 always made me laugh. I haven't seen either of them over there for a long time now.

I think my screen name speaks for itself. My favorite player for the Sox while I was growing up. 23, of course, being his #.

My sig, is courtesy of SoxFan1, with a little added touches here and there.

My avy changes based on my mood or the seasons.

Great thread, BTW, I always wondered what some of these screen names meant.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 01:58 PM)
lol shucks I wish I would've seen it. Those boards are Bush League compared to this one though. I remember those guys always used to complain about soxtalk and when soxtalk passed the ESPN White Sox board in total posts everyone was pissed off. I laughed about it and had to check out soxtalk but I didn't become a member for a longtime. My favorite poster there was Bridgeport Joe and Chisox361 always made me laugh. I haven't seen either of them over there for a long time now.

Yeah, BPJ and Rdivaldi were two of my favorites that never moved over here. But this is definately a WAY better place, with way better posters. :cheers

It is ironic now looking back on it, but here is my story.

When I first joined this site (December 03) my name was "White Sox in '04". But then after the '04 season, I was planning on making it "White Sox in '05". But then I thought to myself that the Sox would never win the World Series and I shouldn't get my hopes up because then I would be in a state of depression, so I shortened it to the verb "whitesoxin'" Sure enough, in '05 we obviously won the World Series and in about August I thought it was the end as most of you know and got very angry and snapped on good ole' soxtalk. I was suspended but reinstated on the night we clinched the pennant. :0 Anywho, I'm pretty sure the sole reason we won the WS is because I lifted the soxtalk curse when I changed my name to whitesoxin'.

QUOTE(q\/\/3r+y @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 03:58 PM)
133+ $P3@/

Translation:

Leetspeak for Qwerty. I have used "Qwerty" forever since I started out with the internet because I think it looks cool and thats basically the end of that story.

Edited by RibbieRubarb

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 08:50 AM)
Like all Latino Americans who refuse to learn the English language, I feel that all of SoxTalk should cater to me.  Go figure out what my name means then change all of your screen names to Spanish so that I know what they mean.

:P

Isn’t it supposed to be LasMediasBlancas?

As for my name... plain and simple.

I am the greatest Jedi Master (one of only two Jedi that survived the destruction of the Jedi caused by a young pupil that went by the name of Darth Vader) and am currently living in Gary.

QUOTE(Yoda @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 04:33 PM)

I am the greatest Jedi Master (one of only two Jedi that survived the destruction of the Jedi caused by a young pupil that went by the name of Darth Vader) and am currently living in Gary.

Which, in fact, is a downgrade from the swamp where you used to reside. :P

QUOTE(Yoda @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 05:33 PM)

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...anish/index.jsp

Check out the right of the banner.