Sox rated 11th best farm system by Sports Weekly

maggsmaggs

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jan 20, 2006 -> 05:30 PM)
Salvador Sanchez?

My AAP! :headbang

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jan 20, 2006 -> 06:39 PM)
You guys are thinking of Aaron Cunningham.

My AAP! :headbang

I would think it would be Aaron too, being that he's the one that did move up. Sanchez started hot, but that was very temporary.

Gems of the System

Brian Anderson (Agree)

Ray Liottta (Agree) + Broadway

Cream of the Crop

Francisco Hernandez (Hmmm he has not even reached Bham yet)

Chris Stewart (Not a top 10 prospect)

Rob Valido (Agree) + Sweeney

Up-and-Coming

Brandon Allen

Jack Egbert (Agree, I like what I have heard from Egbert)

Josh Fields (Up-and-Coming???)

Jay Marshall

Noe Rodriguez (wow)

Ehren Wassermann (First he needs to hold AA hitters to .330 AVG)

Sleepers (although they called it Up-and-Coming again, it was an error)

Tom Collaro (153 K's)

Boone Logan

Paul Moviel

Top 2005 Draftees

Lance Broadway (Considering he was the sox's 1st rounder)

Alex Woodson

Daniel Cortes

Aaron Cunningham (Like what I have heard)

Clayton Richards

Others Worth Noting

Jerry Owens (Led the SL in Hitting last season)

Kris Honel

Sean Tracey (14 win season at AA)

Frank Viola III (WHAT!!)

(Additions to worth noting)

Casey Rogowski (Hit .300 almost all season at AA)

Pedro Lopez (Great D)

Dwayne Pollok (Really made some great strides)

Joshua Fields (Hurt last season and a nasty slider)

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jan 20, 2006 -> 10:32 PM)
I have heard grumblings of who it is.  I won't say because some people will want to see it when it comes out, but if you PM I will tell you.

Why not? I posted the whole Top 10 last year before it came out!

Be like Nike.......... Just Do It!

Edited by Rex Hudler

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jan 19, 2006 -> 05:36 AM)
(H-HR)/(AB-HR-K)

For pitchers, you can't really find AB data, but AB should about equal to 3*IP+H+RoE -- And you probably won't be able to find minor league Reached on Error data either. You can get a pretty good idea if you fudge it though.

Ask and ye shall receive!

Not sure what the hell this number is supposed to mean, but here are Liotta's numbers for last year based on your formula.

Kannapolis

.326 - (108H - 5HR/428AB - 5HR - 107K)

Winston-Salem

.315 - (46H - 1HR/181AB - 1HR - 37K)

Overall

.322 - (154H - 6HR/609AB - 6HR - 144K)

QUOTE(TaylorStSox @ Jan 23, 2006 -> 07:27 PM)
Why don't I ever see much mention of Chris Getz? His college career was impressive. I hear he's good with the glove, has a great K/BB ratio and decent speed.

I understand that he hasn't had a full year in the system yet.

Mostly cause he's not a guy with a high ceiling. I'm a big fan of his cause I like the way he plays but he's not going to crack many of these top 10 lists. Also, you got to take into account that he dominated a league in which he should have last year, so as good as he played he has work to do to impress others.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jan 23, 2006 -> 05:33 PM)
Mostly cause he's not a guy with a high ceiling.  I'm a big fan of his cause I like the way he plays but he's not going to crack many of these top 10 lists.  Also, you got to take into account that he dominated a league in which he should have last year, so as good as he played he has work to do to impress others.

He may with time. Getz is a pretty solid player all around the board. Doesn't wow you in any area, but his overall consistency along with some development (and more experience) should make him a solid prospect.

I think he has the ability to crack the top 10 with a good year. Plus our system isn't strong.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 23, 2006 -> 07:35 PM)
He may with time.  Getz is a pretty solid player all around the board.  Doesn't wow you in any area, but his overall consistency along with some development (and more experience) should make him a solid prospect. 

I think he has the ability to crack the top 10 with a good year.  Plus our system isn't strong.

Ya, that's true. He just isn't the type of guy that usually makes a high impact on these lists if that makes sense. He's not a high ceiling guy which the guys at BA seem to usually want up there.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jan 23, 2006 -> 07:38 PM)
Ya, that's true.  He just isn't the type of guy that usually makes a high impact on these lists if that makes sense.  He's not a high ceiling guy which the guys at BA seem to usually want up there.

He's an experienced college player with 2B skills. Last year everyone got all hot and bothered by Adam Ricks. This year it's Getz? He has utility player potential (althou he's mediocre at SS), and you generally don't see those guys ranked terribly high.

He's an experienced college player with 2B skills.  Last year everyone got all hot and bothered by Adam Ricks.  This year it's Getz?  He has utility player potential (althou he's mediocre at SS), and you generally don't see those guys ranked terribly high.

Would David Eckstein at 2B be Getz's ceiling?

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(CWS05 @ Jan 30, 2006 -> 05:56 PM)
Hey does anybody know the status of OF Mike Spidale?  Where is he going to be during spring training?  What team is he playing on right now?  If anyone knows these answers please reply A.S.A.P.  Thanks

Joe

Pretty sure he was demoted all the way to WS last season which is High A.... prob start this season in AA id assume I guess with a good spring training he can get a spot in Charlotte still.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jan 30, 2006 -> 01:28 PM)
Spidale was regarded highly after 04 but had some regression issues last year and went to WS. It's anybody's guess as to wehre he ends up.

He was long thought of as a platoon outfielder at best. He's a good guy and he had a major regression this past year, but he should find himself higher up on the charts now that a few more outfielders are gone (Young in AZ; Anderson in CF and potentially Owens as a 4th outfielder).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 30, 2006 -> 03:52 PM)
He was long thought of as a platoon outfielder at best.  He's a good guy and he had a major regression this past year, but he should find himself higher up on the charts now that a few more outfielders are gone (Young in AZ; Anderson in CF and potentially Owens as a 4th outfielder).

You know what I meant. :P