Shingo may rejoin Yakult Swallows

SSH2005

http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/dy/sports/20060127TDY24004.htm

Takatsu may rejoin Yakult

Former Yakult Swallows stopper Shingo Takatsu might be invited to the team's winter camp, it was learned on Thursday.

The 37-year-old right-hander, who became a free agent after three season in the majors--mostly with the Chicago White Sox--has had no offers from major league teams.

Wasn't there a poster here that was really pissed when we let Shingo go? And has any pitcher fizzled out as quickly as Shingo after a great season?

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(whitesox1976 @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 06:34 PM)
I have wondered that also.  He was with the team for part of the year.

Who decides who gets a ring or who doesnt? If the players decide I think Shingo will definitely get a huge consideration for a ring.

I wish he had been able to stay with the team and be part of the World Series.

QUOTE(soxhawks @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 11:10 PM)
good move to go back to Japan.  he was fun to watch when he was on, i just feel sorry for the people who bought shingo jerseys.

I almost bought one in 2004, and if I had I'd still wear it proudly. I was a big fan of Shingo's. Shingo Time!!! was the highlight of 2004 for me, and I felt terrible for him when it all came apart. I guess I kinda figured it would come apart, just because a trick pitcher is in trouble if hitters figure out the trick. He just didn't throw hard enough to make guys respect the fastball enough. They could sit on the Frisbee and know that if he came over the plate with his 85mph fastball, they'd still be able to put it in play.

I believe he'll get a ring, and I hope he does. He did have 8 saves for the World Champs, and he contributed to some of that hot start.

SHINGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

[Gonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng!!!!!!!!]

:headbang