True WhiteSox Fan

SoxRock05

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 2, 2006 -> 12:13 AM)
Ozzie is too old and has been in this country for too long, Uribe really was the obvious choice.

Yea, well, that makes sense now, but I didn't really spend much time thinking about this :P

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Goldmember @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 11:48 PM)
got a 15 and after seeing the answers to a couple i missed i was kicking myself in the butt...

same here...too many players' wives gave birth during the season to keep them all straight. 16/27

Edited by AirScott

Question #19 was an interesting one. You have to think the player was making $10 a month as a personal trainer which would leave you to believe that the player was working in a foreign country and that they were probably over 20 at the time. Damaso Marte and Pablo Ozuna were both very young when they signed thier pro contracts so they probably weren't personal trainers. That would leave the two Cubans and noing a little background on Contreras and Hernandez told me that Jose was a stud pitcher in Cuba and a favorite of Castro himself which would lead me to believe that he would not have to take a job as a personal trainer, he would be taken care of by the Cuban government instead. That means El Duque has to be the Trainer, deduction works wonders.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 10:49 PM)

Uribe has never heard of the Beatles? thats messed up

Perhaps this is why he isn't interviewed by ESPN that much then? :D

Although, since I dont like the Beatles anyway, I have even more respect for my favorite White Sox player.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 2, 2006 -> 11:22 AM)
Question #19 was an interesting one. You have to think the player was making $10 a month as a personal trainer which would leave you to believe that the player was working in a foreign country and that they were probably over 20 at the time. Damaso Marte and Pablo Ozuna were both very young when they signed thier pro contracts so they probably weren't personal trainers. That would leave the two Cubans and noing a little background on Contreras and Hernandez told me that Jose was a stud pitcher in Cuba and a favorite of Castro himself which would lead me to believe that he would not have to take a job as a personal trainer, he would be taken care of by the Cuban government instead. That means El Duque has to be the Trainer, deduction works wonders.

Hah, I just remember hearing it mentioned one time in some article.

QUOTE(Elcaballo45 @ Feb 2, 2006 -> 10:31 AM)
Perhaps this is why he isn't interviewed by ESPN that much then?  :D

More likely the lack of interviews could be explained by this Ozzie quote...

"I have to know how to curse in English, Spanish, Japanese, and whatever language Uribe is speaking."

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Feb 2, 2006 -> 01:00 PM)

"I have to know how to curse in English, Spanish, Japanese, and whatever language Uribe is speaking."

yes, I remember seeing that quote months ago, couldn't remember exactly what was said. love that one.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Feb 2, 2006 -> 01:00 PM)

Uribe was once interviewed by either Mulligan or B&B and it was the worst (and in some ways the funniest) interview I had ever heard. He couldn't complete a sentence so whoever was interviewing finally just ended it and had to laugh. Once I saw that question about the Beatles I remembered that interview and I knew the answer.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 2, 2006 -> 11:22 AM)

I just guess that it was El Duque because he's extremely flexible (as shown by his pitching style with the knee) :P

Stupid reasoning probably, but it worked!

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 3, 2006 -> 02:19 PM)
Does anyone know the full story on Mark B's proposal??

I remember him saying that they were in full camo garb and in a watch tower when he proposed. That's about it.