2006 Soxtalk Fantasy Baseball

Sox1422

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 01:43 PM)
I'll get to you in a minute :P . I posted some info on the status of the keeper league in the threat titled "Keepers." I'm in the process of starting a new league, but I'm kind of swamped with the other leagues right this second. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about you guys.

No rush. There's time. Thanks again Zoom.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, back to the keeper league. It appears that the previous league is dead, so I have some serious veterans to deal with. My plan as of right now is to start another keeper league from scratch, which I will run. I'll work on building a roster, with priority going to those that were in the previous league. I'll be getting in contact with those that were in the league.

Edit- Please don't ask if there are any openings. As of right now if everyone I contacted joins I'd have to cut two or three people. I'll let you know if there are any openings once I have more details.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 02:23 PM)
Still pending- head 2 head preference

Rock Raines

Kalapse (second league)

Frank the Tank 35

kman

THEWOOD

sox4life14

VenomSox

Pauly8509

joeynach

vandy125

ScottPodRulez22

Still pending- roto preference

robinventura23

BFirebird

Steve9347

chitownsportsfan

Those of you that haven't been given a league yet will be placed as soon as I iron out some of the open spots and the roto/head 2 head issues.

Some of you now have leagues.

Additions to League 1:

Rock Raines

Kalapse

Steve9347

Addition to League 3:

Frank the Tank 35

Addition to League 4:

VenomSox

Additions to League 7 (new roto league):

ZoomSlowik- commish

robinventura23

Bfirebird

chitownsportsfan

VenomSox

THEWOOD

Pauly8509CWS

Obviously League 7 still needs some more players. Anyone that is interested in playing roto baseball, whether you are already in a league or not, please let me know by posting in either this thread or PM'ing me. I will not be starting a thread for the league just yet. There are still some pending spots in Leagues 4 and 8 (and I guess my league too, oops), which I will get back to you on as soon as I get in touch with the commissioners. Unless I screwed up somewhere, the following should be the only players without a league:

kman

sox4life14

joeynach

vandy125

ScottPodRulez22

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 10:58 AM)
Obviously League 7 still needs some more players. Anyone that is interested in playing roto baseball, whether you are already in a league or not, please let me know by posting in either this thread or PM'ing me. I will not be starting a thread for the league just yet. There are still some pending spots in Leagues 4 and 8 (and I guess my league too, oops), which I will get back to you on as soon as I get in touch with the commissioners. Unless I screwed up somewhere, the following should be the only players without a league:

kman

sox4life14

joeynach

vandy125

ScottPodRulez22

:crying I'm like Timo, waiting for a league to play in.

Seriously though. Thanks Zoom for setting all of this up! It sounds like a good amount of work! :cheers

QUOTE(valponick @ Feb 4, 2006 -> 03:32 PM)
That other guy you're talking about is me.  I never said you cheated, you just took advantage of the way the league was set up.  Most leagues stop free agency at some point int the league, usually right around when the playoffs are starting. 

The last match of the league (2 weeks long) was you and another team who were both on fire and it was set to be a good matchup.  When you started adding and dropping 5-7 pitchers per day to inflate your stats is when it became bush league.  Free agency is part of fantasy baseball but it is best for a league to at the very least have a maximum allowed number of transactions per week to avoid things like this.  What it ended up coming down to was whoever logged on first and picked up all of the free agent pitchers who were throwing the next day.  I should also add that the Hornswogglers didn't start doing it until you did.

thank you, i'm glad someone agreed with why i didn't like their tactics. couldn't have said it any better. it doesn't have to be be monkey see, monkey doo. i don't care if he saw other ppl do it b4. once again, thanx valpo for the defense.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Feb 4, 2006 -> 06:18 PM)
Well next time log on to your computer faster because honestly, there's a bunch of people who do that on Yahoo and I've been on the "bad" side of that. Plus all the rules are set once the league is set. You really can't complain about something you didn't think of and someone else did. I'm not trying to start a fight or anything, but I'm just saying the facts.

that's just not cool. so basically the point is to log on asap? what if you got work and can't do fantasy stuff till the nite? that just sucks the fun out of a league and becomes a waste of a season and time. i can undertand if you can log on earlier. but when ppl just start adding and dropping just any pitchers to get more K's, it's not cool. fantasy baseball is more about expertise on the sport and should be less of who can click a button first .

Edited by thelatinoheat_30

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 3, 2006 -> 10:47 PM)
Yes, there was another, it didn't really bother me so much that Latino Heat was upset. It was more that the other guy felt the need to put his two cents in when it didn't even affect him. Damn I know how to hold a grudge.

maybe it was cause he saw what i saw, which was a whole season become a waste of time cause of the crazy adding and dropping.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 04:18 PM)
Zoom, I changed my Yahoo name just to let you know. It's jtamay3@sbcglobal.net.

Honestly, I don't see how that affects anything. I've been in/run a couple of soxtalk leagues on a yahoo ID other than my main one. I guess I know now though, so that's one less issue when I actually get off my ass and set up the league (soon, I gotta decide what I'm going to do with the rest of the roster).

Most of the non-assigned people now have a league. The following have been added to the league #5 roster:

kman

sox4life14

joeynach

vandy125

ScottPodRulez22

SoxPhan7

That means you're with me. :P Please go to the League #5 thread for league information.

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 08:30 AM)
I AM STILL LOOKING FOR A LEAGUE TO JOIN........LET ME KNOW IF ANYONE NEEDS A SPACE FILLED.

I'll get back to those of you that are currently in the roto league. That doesn't seem to be going anywhere, and it seems like I might have space issues in League #5. I'm going to see what I can do.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 10:50 AM)
I might need another for league one.  We still haven't heard from Mathew, altough the draft isn't until March 19th so there isn't a big rush, yet.

I still need like half a league for #5, and to the best of my knowledge there are still two open spots in league #4, and possibly some in league #6, they're still signing up. I have no clue what is going on with League #8. I'm going to get in touch with some people and see if I can resolve some of this mess.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

For those of you that I put in the roto league, I have a proposition for you. I have 2 open spots in League 5, and I'm giving you guys the option of joining. The roto league doesn't appear to be going anywhere, and I know a few of you didn't really care what kind of league you are in. I'm going to give priority to THE WOOD and Pauly8509CWS for that reason (Venom Sox would, but he's already in a league), although any of you can switch. Just contact me or post in the League 5 thread.

• 4 weeks later...

By my list, the following players are still looking for a league:

Jimbo's Drinker

Venom Sox (second league)

Pauly8509CWS

B Firebird

chitownsportsfan

SoxFan420

sox4life14

Unfortunately, there isn't much I can do right now. With the possible exception of one spot, the leagues are full, and I don't have enough people left to start another one right now.

Edited by ZoomSlowik