2006 Soxtalk Fantasy Baseball

Sox1422

Another note for fantasy leaguers: I'm seriously considering starting a new keeper league if I get enough interest. It would be a 3 year-5 keeper setup with the possibility of extending it if the league stays together and is active. PM me if interested in playing. Please, only dedicated players that can commit to at least 3 years of participation and won't quit on the league (I've had 2 keeper leagues die on me). Also, participants would eventually need to give me their E-Mail so I can still track them down if for some reason they should become inactive on soxtalk.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(The Bones @ Feb 8, 2006 -> 04:05 AM)
I'll be in League 1 again.

And if anyone wants to know what league they were in last year just go to http://fantasysports.yahoo.com/ and click on fantasy profile at the top of the page. It has a history of all of your fantasy teams.

That's such a cool feature, I'm glad they added it. It's kind of neat to go back and see how you placed in all the leagues and see the little trophy icons if you placed in the top 3.

Things are starting to fill up a bit. I've got 70 players committed to play. However, I have 8 different leagues right now, which means I need 96 to fill them. Spots are starting to get a little shorter for the moment, so anyone that hasn't signed up that wants a spot should speak now (especially for returning players that want to be back in their old league), or you might end up waiting for a while to get in a league. It's not an issue quite yet, but if I don't get responses soon I'll start filling those spots.

Anyone who is interested in a second league that hasn't already told me so should also let me know. There should be spots available, since I might need people to fill spots in this first round of league formation, and definitely in the future for some of the late-comers. Also, If you're up for rotisserie scoring and haven't told me so yet, let me know. I need about 5 more players for that format.

Right now I'm planning to have everything ready to go on Monday. At that time I'll setup threads for all of the leagues so you guys can talk things over, with the commissioners sorting things out (I still need at least 1 more commish by the way). I will setup new leagues as necessary, with this thread being used to discuss that and set them up.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 10:25 PM)
Things are starting to fill up a bit. I've got 70 players committed to play. However, I have 8 different leagues right now, which means I need 96 to fill them. Spots are starting to get a little shorter for the moment, so anyone that hasn't signed up that wants a spot should speak now (especially for returning players that want to be back in their old league), or you might end up waiting for a while to get in a league. It's not an issue quite yet, but if I don't get responses soon I'll start filling those spots.

Anyone who is interested in a second league that hasn't already told me so should also let me know. There should be spots available, since I might need people to fill spots in this first round of league formation, and definitely in the future for some of the late-comers. Also, If you're up for rotisserie scoring and haven't told me so yet, let me know. I need about 5 more players for that format.

Right now I'm planning to have everything ready to go on Monday. At that time I'll setup threads for all of the leagues so you guys can talk things over, with the commissioners sorting things out (I still need at least 1 more commish by the way). I will setup new leagues as necessary, with this thread being used to discuss that and set them up.

Thanks for the info. Where would Soxtalk.com Fantasy baseball be without you Zoom? :D

QUOTE(smalls2598 @ Feb 3, 2006 -> 10:18 AM)
I don't recall which league i was in last year, but i think it was 6.

but i'll play in any league that has a live draft and plays head to head.

I was in league 6, as well. I'd be happy to rejoin.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Feb 8, 2006 -> 10:03 AM)
That's such a cool feature, I'm glad they added it. It's kind of neat to go back and see how you placed in all the leagues and see the little trophy icons if you placed in the top 3.

it is. sad to see how much i sucked this your in football compared to last year though...

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 02:40 AM)
So do we have any of the leagues setup yet?

We're getting close, I should have most of the info out by the end of the day. In your case, talk to Southsider. I think he's pretty much setup and just needs me to fill in some players. Also, I'm not 100% sure what the status of League #8 and the roto league is as of right now, so I may have to wait those out a bit.

It seems like we're getting a little antsy, so I'm going to post what I have so far. Leagues 1, 4, and 8 aren't quite finalized yet, and I'm not entirely sure of any roto league status right now. I had to merge Leagues 2 and 3 because of non-returning players and move things around a little, so don't panick if the number is different. Contact the commish of your league for info. I will be setting up various threads for the leagues as soon as I can. If there is an open spot, it will appear as such on the list. Those that have been placed can get started.

League 1

Southsider2k5-commish

Sox1422

Knightni

DBAHO

whitesoxin'

Mathew

The Bones

bigred3535

Goldmember

-open spot (pending)

League 2

valponick- commish

supernuke

soxfest

WHarris1

Soxbadger

SoxFan1

hammerhead johnson

El Caballo 45

jackie hayes

SoxFanForever

Ishmookie

mmmmmbeeer

League 3

ChWRoCk2- commish

backman

Spod=Ratings

BHAMBARONS

rangercal

smalls2598

shakes

William Tell

Be Good

White Sox Josh

-open spot (pending)

League 4

Knightni- commish

ZoomSlowik

Goldmember

Chimpy2121

farmteam

Buehrle>Wood

Beastly

q\/\/3r+y

The Blacksox8 (?)

-open spot (pending)

-open spot (pending)

-open spot (pending)

League 5

ZoomSlowik- commish

Kalapse

nitetrain8601

Chisoxrd5

SoxFan101

fattyguy 78

League 6

Reddy- commish

that funky motion

elamins

SouthPaw

Soxhawks

Buehrle The Ace

frahungski

hotlanta13

toasty

sayitaintso

Sleepy White Sox

Burly Man56

Still pending- head 2 head preference

Rock Raines

Kalapse (second league)

Frank the Tank 35

kman

THEWOOD

sox4life14

VenomSox

Pauly8509

joeynach

vandy125

ScottPodRulez22

Still pending- roto preference

robinventura23

BFirebird

Steve9347

chitownsportsfan

Those of you that haven't been given a league yet will be placed as soon as I iron out some of the open spots and the roto/head 2 head issues.

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 02:41 PM)
Is Jason slacking this year..? I'm in again. Heads.. what leage were we on..??

I'll get to you in a minute :P . I posted some info on the status of the keeper league in the threat titled "Keepers." I'm in the process of starting a new league, but I'm kind of swamped with the other leagues right this second. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about you guys.