Jack Black IS Nacho Libre

KipWellsFan

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 5, 2006 -> 08:32 AM)
Wow, it stars a guy who is obnoxious not funny and was directed by a guy who made a film that is not funny.    Has MTV movie awards written all over it.    I only wonder how many billions of dollars it will make on opening weekend?

Agree on all points. I will NOT fail to miss this film.

QUOTE(Goldmember @ Feb 5, 2006 -> 09:28 AM)
hard to imagine he is the spawn of rocket scientists...

I'm thinking that the script was "written" by a team of circus monkeys throwing their own s*** at a wall with random words and phrases written on it. Whatever the s*** hits gets used.

"Okay, Bongo....THROW!!!.....(plop)......"Mexican wrestler"......GREAT!!!....okay, Tiny....THROW!!!....(plop)....."Jack Black".....this movie's gonna be AWESOME!!!"

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 5, 2006 -> 10:51 AM)
I'm thinking that the script was "written" by a team of circus monkeys throwing their own s*** at a wall with random words and phrases written on it. Whatever the s*** hits gets used.

"Okay, Bongo....THROW!!!.....(plop)......"Mexican wrestler"......GREAT!!!....okay, Tiny....THROW!!!....(plop)....."Jack Black".....this movie's gonna be AWESOME!!!"

Created by monkeys and sure to be watched by billions of sheep.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Feb 5, 2006 -> 08:24 PM)
agree with you 100% on this point, I don't get Jack Black at all.

i only liked him in High Fidelity, but i found him hilarious in High Fidelity. Although it may be because i loved the book so much.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 5, 2006 -> 08:32 AM)
Wow, it stars a guy who is obnoxious not funny and was directed by a guy who made a film that is not funny.    Has MTV movie awards written all over it.    I only wonder how many billions of dollars it will make on opening weekend?

Jack Black is hilarious in non main stream films and ND was a hilarious movie.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 6, 2006 -> 09:19 AM)
Jack Black is hilarious in non main stream films and ND was a hilarious movie.

I respect your opinion but disagree on both points.

Comedy is very subjective, though - what's funny to one person can bore the next guy to death.

I can't imagine any scenario that would lead to my seeing this movie, but if you go to see it I hope you enjoy it.

:cheers

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 6, 2006 -> 09:33 AM)
I respect your opinion but disagree on both points.

Comedy is very subjective, though - what's funny to one person can bore the next guy to death.

I can't imagine any scenario that would lead to my seeing this movie, but if you go to see it I hope you enjoy it.

:cheers

his best work is when he is playing for Tenacious D live in concert.