Official Super Bowl Thread

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Holmgren said that the ref told him when they were going to the lockerroom that he didn't think Ben got in, and Mike was irrate and was pissed off because the ref did not make that call. I also didn't think Ben got in.

And that offensive pass interference call on Darrell Jackson was so ticky tack it wasn't even funny. It looked like the ref wasn't even going to call it until the DB complained. Very late flag and very ticky-tack call.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Feb 5, 2006 -> 08:05 PM)
Mike Holmgren said that the ref told him when they were going to the lockerroom that he didn't think Ben got in, and Mike was irrate and was pissed off because the ref did not make that call. I also didn't think Ben got in.

Personally, I think he got in, but even if you think he didn't, Holmgren is being a moron for whining about it. The game moved on from that play, you had a chance to score at the end of the half and you f***ed it up with crap play calling/clock management. Stop whining about plays in the past and play the game.

QUOTE(Felix @ Feb 5, 2006 -> 07:07 PM)
Personally, I think he got in, but even if you think he didn't, Holmgren is being a moron for whining about it.  The game moved on from that play, you had a chance to score at the end of the half and you f***ed it up with crap play calling/clock management.  Stop whining about plays in the past and play the game.

Well Mike was just telling the ref he didn't think Ben got in(like most coaches; they'll say something to the ref about how the game is being officiated) and even the ref agreed apparently with Mike and that's what set Holmgren off. If the ref agrees with you, then that looks very bad on the officiating.