Official Super Bowl Thread

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a little conflicted.

I want to root for the steelers because they've always been one of my favorite teams and how can you not root for the bus?

I want to root for the seahawks because their situation reminds me of the sox situation last year.

I'm going to go with the Seahawks. I've always like the Stillers...but, the Seahawks are being completely disrespected. They were number 1 in the NFC...beat the hottest team in the playoffs, Carolina, and the league MVP. Here's what I say:

Seahawks 27 - Steelers 24

QUOTE(Yoda @ Feb 5, 2006 -> 03:10 PM)
I was one of the many that thought the Steelers wouldn’t go deep into the playoffs and now I’m here bidding $30 on them to win. It’s going to be a good one.

i didn't know ebay was in the gambling business now :P

I want to root for the seahawks because their situation reminds me of the sox situation last year.

I think its actually the other way around. The Seahawks are the Astros, as they have never won a title. The Steelers are like the Sox because we haven't won a super bowl since the 70's. Also like the Sox, the Steelers started out on fire, then really cooled down in the middle of the season, and then heated back up around playoff time. Jerome = Frank :-), well those have been my two favorite players for a long time now.

I'm nervous as hell. First UNC, then the Sox, and now maybe the Steelers. My sports fan life might be topping out at 22 years old for me.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Feb 5, 2006 -> 03:17 PM)
I'm nervous as hell. First UNC, then the Sox, and now maybe the Steelers. My sports fan life might be topping out at 22 years old for me.

:o :(

You bastard.

Anyway,

I think I am probably gonna end up rooting for the Steelers since my Uncle is a die hard. Hmmmmmmmm

Edited by WHarris1

Rooting for the Steelers. As I've shown in other posts, I think the Seahawks are extremely overrated, and when they have to go up against one of the better teams in the league, while being not in Seattle, they wil be in for a world of pain.

31-14 Steelers.

(and if I'm wrong, blah, I'm wrong :P)

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Feb 5, 2006 -> 04:22 PM)
Can everybody tell who Fat Ass Chris Berman is pulling for in the Superbowl?

The Seahawks are slightly higher than the White Sox on Berman's Totem Pole.

we'll know for sure if he yells "OH NOOOO!" after Seattle's first TD.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Feb 5, 2006 -> 05:56 PM)
Holy hell that crowd is at least 90/10 Steelers

I was just thinking the same thing. It is practically a home game for Pittsburgh. For the first time that I can think of in SB history the crowd is going to be huge. Seattle, if they have a prayer, has to take the crowd out of it.

It's 95/5 if you count Berman.

Edited by Greg The Bull Luzinski

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Feb 5, 2006 -> 04:57 PM)
I was just thinking the same thing.  It is practically a home game for Pittsburgh.  For the first time that I can think of in SB history the crowd is going to be huge.  Seattle, if they have a prayer, has to take the crowd out of it.

An early score or two would be huge for Seattle to try and quiet those people down.