Carlos

Jim Fainter

I know he lost a liner in the lights that made a bad inning worse, and I heard he made a misplay later that I did not see. The lost line drive could probably happen to anyone. But I will say one thing; that is, more than anyone else, Carlos came to play Monday night. He was hustling, and running hard, aggressive on the bases, two hits, two walks.

This is his fifth year with the Sox. I believe he is eligible for arbitration next year. I wonder what he'll want to do. HE might want to take his act elsewhere.

I know he lost a liner in the lights that made a bad inning worse, and I heard he made a misplay later that I did not see.  The lost line drive could probably happen to anyone.  But I will say one thing; that is, more than anyone else, Carlos came to play Monday night.  He was hustling, and running hard, aggressive on the bases, two hits, two walks.

This is his fifth year with the Sox.  I believe he is eligible for arbitration next year.  I wonder what he'll want to do.  HE might want to take his act elsewhere.

The play where he tagged up and got to 2nd base on a deep fly ball to the RF corner was excellent hustle. I don't think anyone else on this team even thinks about doing that.

This is his fifth year with the Sox.  I believe he is eligible for arbitration next year.  I wonder what he'll want to do.  HE might want to take his act elsewhere.

He'll be one of the players dealt in the upcoming '03 version of the "White Flag." We won't have to wonder around the end of July because he won't be here anymore.

I'm kind of hoping Minnesota picks his dumbass up considering he cannot play defense in domes to save his life.

Hey. I'm new here if you don't notice, but anyway Carlos, even with that outfield mistake, played with far more heart that any of the other Sox have seen all year...and at least you could tell he was hustling for that ball out in left field. Like southsider said, I loved the tag-up.

Hey. I'm new here if you don't notice, but anyway Carlos, even with that outfield mistake, played with far more heart that any of the other Sox have seen all year...and at least you could tell he was hustling for that ball out in left field.  Like southsider said, I loved the tag-up.

welcome to soxtalk!

I think Carlos could be our first baseman if we could move Konerko.

You don't know how much I would love to move Thomas and Konerko with Lee moving to first. It would open a couple holes for much stronger fundemental players, the key is for the Sox to find those guys in a trade for Konerko and Thomas which would be extremely difficult.

I think Carlos could be our first baseman if we could move Konerko.

He'd have more range, that's for damn sure.

If we could get Konerko traded somewhere.....we could then have an OF of Daubach-Borchard-Ordonez with an IF of Crede-Valentin-Jimenez-Lee/Thomas.

Doesn't look too bad to me. Improvements could obviously be made though.

You don't know how much I would love to move Thomas and Konerko with Lee moving to first.  It would open a couple holes for much stronger fundemental players, the key is for the Sox to find those guys in a trade for Konerko and Thomas which would be extremely difficult.

Yep, Carlos should be our 1B and he plays defense better than Frank and PK, he played 3B in the minors. I would love seeing him hitting in the 3rd spot. He takes more balls and last year we start playing better after he started hitting 3rd and he became a much better hitter with a lot of patience in the plate. Finishing the season with more walks than strikeouts.

I know he lost a liner in the lights that made a bad inning worse, and I heard he made a misplay later that I did not see.  The lost line drive could probably happen to anyone.  But I will say one thing; that is, more than anyone else, Carlos came to play Monday night.  He was hustling, and running hard, aggressive on the bases, two hits, two walks.

The play where he tagged up and got to 2nd base on a deep fly ball to the RF corner was excellent hustle. I don't think anyone else on this team even thinks about doing that.

Well I didnt see the game but if Carlos did that he is truly awesome. I saw the Angels do that last year and I knew if we wanted to win we would have to do that too. Guess Carlos was thinking the same thing...

I don't know if Carlos ever played firstbase? He is still learning LF, but you have to give the guy credit he hustles, wants to learn and shows heart. I don't think we will trade Carlos, but I can see us dumping Konerko. I don't think anyone wants Frank Thomas. I know one thing I am getting real tired of waiting for Konerko-Thomas-Maggs to start hitting on all cylinders and together. Seems like all you see are strikeouts and GIDP's.

He played third in the minors and wasn't very good. He's played first a few times for the Sox though.

He was bad at 3B because he had bad feet. Could be a problem at 1B, but that was back in 98 so who knows. His hands and arm were fine.