Interesting Bobby Jenks Article

aboz56

Scanned this in, since it's not available online.

Each picture goes in sequence, so just continue down after you get done with each picture.

This really gives me even more respect for what Bobby has been able to do. The article was by Bob Nightengale.

Click thumbnails for larger versions (easier on the eyes):

jenks12ef.th.jpgjenks25sb.th.jpgjenks35np.th.jpg

jenks1.jpg

jenks2.jpg

jenks3.jpg

Edited by aboz56

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 11:04 AM)
Scanned this in, since it's not available online.

Each picture goes in sequence, so just continue down after you get done with each picture.

This really gives me even more respect for what Bobby has been able to do.  The article was by Bob Nightengale.

Great article. This was the place for Bobby to be a star. We are a fanbase that appreciates a hard working guy and can forgive the checkered past. In Chicago we forgive the former bad boy because its part of our persona as a city, especially on the southside. We have welcomed Rodman, then AJ, and now Bobby and his checkered past. As long as this kid gives his all we will be behind him.

I think I remember seeing this mentioned on here somewhere, but I never got to read it. Very good article. I faintly remember there being a story on him on SC or OTL on ESPN now when he was with the Angels.

Very cool to see Bobby to turn himself around and become a very important part of this ballclub. And it's awesome that the Sox could give him that chance.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 12:28 PM)
good scanner

Sorry, the place I was uploading to only lets me use 500K for each picture, so I had to make it smaller in order to upload.

I've got the full pages, just nowhere to upload.

I dont recall Benitez throwing that hard.

That's what this site says.

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/articles/f...-baseball.shtml

I know that Benitez used to throw some serious heat in the high 90's but I didn't know he ever touched 102 MPH either. But the past few years he has mysteriously lost a lot off his fastball. Maybe he was roiding.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 12:47 PM)
Boz, I was being serious.  Pretty good definition.

Ah cool.

If anyone needs it bigger, I can upload it somewhere else, just need to find somewhere that allows larger images.

Anyone else find it funny that Jenks used the 3-day wait period to call his future wife for the first time? He must have watched Swingers.

I also wonder what pitchers KW was looking at when he says that he was looking for a closer on the trade market.

Edited by SSH2005

bobby jenks is with out a single doubt the 1 major leauge player i can relate with the most. ive gone through a lot of similar situations and choices as bobby.... its awsome, inspiring, heart warming, and a f***ing godsend to have him not only as a part of our team but also as a living testiment for courage, change, and personal growth... bobby is an idol living in the everyday working mans skin.

When he comes into the game, it's like you're watching Field of Dreams, where this big guy is walking into the cornfields to face you.  You see him throw 100-mph fastballs, and then he comes back at you with this ungodly curveball.

- Rondell White (ex Tigers, now Twins OF).

Does anyone else think that the boys in the AL Central are more than concerned when Bobby Jenks takes the mound??

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 02:09 PM)
BTW, that was a very good magazine all together. They have the "100 names you need to know in 2006" for baseball, just a rundown of alot of prospects and such. Good magazine.

id be interested to see what those names are as well