FUTURESOX.COM PRESENTS.....

MurcieOne

What is the connection between Rick and Tim Hummel. They can't be brothers, since they are from completely different parts of the country. Rick is from IL and Tim from NY. Cousins?

Also, Rick is 22. Won't be 23 until after the season ends.

Ya, there cousins. My mistake on the age. Must of screwed up the dates. I was just looking at birth dates and may of thought for some reason his birthday already happened.

I think Hummel will move up pretty quickly on our list.

Thanks alot...... and if u guys disagree with any of these...... Jason or Mike wrote them

;)

I'll preface my only two thoughts by saying I have never put together a list as deep as 50, so it must really be tough. My guess is that I would run out of names at 37. :)

The only difference of opionion is that Anthony Sanders and Cliff Brumbaugh are both vets and not prospects. It is very unlikely they would ever make it to Chicago unless they are temporary fill-ins for someone injured or something.

Other than that, I will continue to read the list as you post it and look forward to it. If I can add anything I will, but you guys do a solid job of doing your homework it seems.

Thanks alot...... and if u guys disagree with any of these...... Jason or Mike wrote them

;)

I'll preface my only two thoughts by saying I have never put together a list as deep as 50, so it must really be tough. My guess is that I would run out of names at 37. :)

The only difference of opionion is that Anthony Sanders and Cliff Brumbaugh are both vets and not prospects. It is very unlikely they would ever make it to Chicago unless they are temporary fill-ins for someone injured or something.

Other than that, I will continue to read the list as you post it and look forward to it. If I can add anything I will, but you guys do a solid job of doing your homework it seems.

Rex it was so hard to come up with. The big question was who do we include who don't we include. With players like Ginter, we decided not to include them, yet Sanders and Brumbaugh are on the list and I think Sanders has major league experience.

One thing I'll say about Sanders is for some reason I liked what I saw of him in spring training. I still can't wait to get on the road later this summer and see all the new players.

Oh ya, really quick I will add what Futuresox.com is

It is a new site that we are developing that will be soley for whitesoxminor league baseball. And of course it will be in "affiliation" with Soxnet and Soxtalk.

If anyone is interested in writing stuff dealing with minor leaguers, shoot me an email at jason@futuresox.com or jason@soxnet.net

We hope to have the site up soon. I'm done with school tomorrow and am going to get to work designing it and dont' want to release it until it is rather complete.

Some stories on futuresox (The major ones) will be syndicated over on SoxNet while more minor minor league news will stay there. Of course all of it will be posted here. Hopefully it goes well. I'm excited about it, cause right now I need something to take my mind off the Sox :lol:

Chisoxfn, I thought Sanders looked even worse than Brumbaugh in Tucson. He was not hitting at all the week I was there (and played a lot).

When I was there he looked good in the field and good at the plate. I guess it really makes a difference on how you evaluate someone based on a few days. I saw him more towards the beginning, I think like the 10th.

Then again, he was playing against lesser competition at the time. He got better each at bat I saw. I think he played in both of the games I saw.

Didn't see Brumbaugh, other then seeing some general bp with him. Or at least I didn't think I did.

Munoz was off when I saw him, although I saw the potential.

I saw Borchard real hot, I was there the very first 6 games, he was stinging the ball. Sanders (the LHP) and Wunsch seemed to throw hard. Saw Honel against Schilling in a scrimmage at close view (about only non player or coach on practice field. Webster got only hit off Schilling and Honel did not look too great, neither did West. Had a great time taking in all the games, even went to some Ariz and Rockies games when Sox were out of town. DBacks had much more impressive kids than we did. Webb for one, he was really good.

My e-mail address at FutureSox is working as well, so if you have a question about anything in Minor League Baseball, shoot me an e-mail at:

mike@futuresox.com

Since I'll be gone for several weeks in June, we're going to need another reporter to cover the Birmingham Barons. Since I'm doing two Week In Reviews right now, I am getting a little stressed along w/ finals and such. I'd much rather do one a week, and have more time to study stats and such. So, if you want to apply or just ask a question, e-mail me.

My e-mail address at FutureSox is working as well, so if you have a question about anything in Minor League Baseball, shoot me an e-mail at:

mike@futuresox.com

Since I'll be gone for several weeks in June, we're going to need another reporter to cover the Birmingham Barons. Since I'm doing two Week In Reviews right now, I am getting a little stressed along w/ finals and such. I'd much rather do one a week, and have more time to study stats and such. So, if you want to apply or just ask a question, e-mail me.

Mike, just tell me and I'll do your report for as long as you need it. I'm fine now that finals are done tomorrow.

Let me also give Mike some quick props as he's the real expert behind the prospects. I rank him ahead of me. I also rank the Hudmeister on the board as awesome on minor league players and I love hearing everyone elses insites as well.

I think you can't include anyone over the age of 25 as a prospect. Guys like Sanders and Brambaugh are career minor leaguers not prospects. I have noticed through the years that the chances of someone over 25 entering the majors for the 1st time and becoming a solid major leaguer are almost none. I know that it is hard enough to find 50 guys as it is, but I don't think you should include guys over 25.

You also run into some trouble when deciding whether to classify guys like Ginter, Olivo, Borchard, Rowand, ect as prospect. Players that are still under 25, but have had some time in the majors. I think a rule like no guy with more than 300 major league AB's or 100 IP should also be used. This will cut down the possibilities even more, but will include guys that haven't established themselves in the majors.

With that said, good luck with the list. I always like seeing stuff on the minors as I follow the minors pretty regularly.

mike@futuresox.com

Mike, just tell me and I'll do your report for as long as you need it. I'm fine now that finals are done tomorrow.

Let me also give Mike some quick props as he's the real expert behind the prospects. I rank him ahead of me. I also rank the Hudmeister on the board as awesome on minor league players and I love hearing everyone elses insites as well.

Hudmeister?......... jason ur a dork.

I think you can't include anyone over the age of 25 as a prospect. Guys like Sanders and Brambaugh are career minor leaguers not prospects. I have noticed through the years that the chances of someone over 25 entering the majors for the 1st time and becoming a solid major leaguer are almost none. I know that it is hard enough to find 50 guys as it is, but I don't think you should include guys over 25.

You also run into some trouble when deciding whether to classify guys like Ginter, Olivo, Borchard, Rowand, ect as prospect. Players that are still under 25, but have had some time in the majors. I think a rule like no guy with more than 300 major league AB's or 100 IP should also be used. This will cut down the possibilities even more, but will include guys that haven't established themselves in the majors.

With that said, good luck with the list. I always like seeing stuff on the minors as I follow the minors pretty regularly.

They're not exactly top prospects.

Being #43 is really no different then being #48.

It's when you get to like #30 and below that it really starts to matter