Colorado @ Sox - 3/1 Game Thread

Heads22

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Mar 1, 2006 -> 04:29 PM)
I only listened on the radio for like last 3 innings.... Farmer sounded good but the other guy didnt really add much... Although I guess they werent bad.

Pretty much this sums up the new radio crew. How we will all miss Rooney.

Farmio: "So do you think has the upper hand for the 2nd lefty spot"

Singleton: I think Cotts is going to win the job

Farmio "No besides Cotts, who do you think will be the 2nd lefty"

Crickets

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Mar 1, 2006 -> 04:39 PM)
How about a recap on the game.

The pitching was solid overall. Jose started strong with two scoreless innings. He gave up a couple runs in the third. But he was consistently getting ahead in the count and didn't walk anybody. Garland breezed through his first two innings. He gave up a run in the third. Lopez and Munoz both pitched scoreless innings. Munoz in particular was very impressive. Haeger was doing fine until a ball got by Stewart that kept the 8th inning alive. He was also a victim of some crazy wind. The offense, however, wasn't very good. Three hits the whole game. Not many balls were even hit hard.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

A leadoff single by Mackowiak started the game off, Dye singled later, and Owens hit a triple to start off the 9th inning. Those were the 3 hits. Munoz sounded really good -- 2 K's, 1 flyout.

Edited by SSH2005

It wasn't very tough to predict how long it would take until Singleton started talking about hitting for the cycle and playing for the Devil Rays last season. He sounded a lot like the radio version of DJ, just replace Japan with Tampa Bay. Hopefully, Singleton will get better with some more practice.

Well, this kinda hit me hard. 6-1 to the Rockies? WOW. BUT, on the other hand, unless the lineup for the Sox was the same one supposedly set up for the regular season, I wouldn't worry about it :P

Edited by TheBigHurt

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Mar 1, 2006 -> 08:23 PM)
Well, this kinda hit me hard. 6-1 to the Rockies? WOW. BUT, on the other hand, unless the lineup for the Sox was the same one supposedly set up for the regular season, I wouldn't worry about it :P

maybe this is the rockies year