Hypothetical question

Dam8610

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like a few of the ideas here. A-Rod makes a lot of sense, Santana would make for a devastating staff for years to come (but so would Felix Hernandez IMO), Cabrera is just a sick hitter at the 3B position, and for those saying Pujols, would you plan to move him back to 3B or LF (where he played early in his career for the Cardinals), or just use him as a DH?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 3, 2006 -> 05:49 PM)
There are vastly younger, healthier bats to take your chances with, IMO.

He's 30, that's not that old. When he's healthy he's as consistent a bat as any.

Plus he can play defense.

Since you started it out with King Felix, I'm assuming the Sox get to keep the player in question for as long as he's useful not just the upcoming season. Given those parameters, I'd go with MCab. He's proven that he's not a flop. He's still ridiculously young and will probably improve on those K numbers. Plus he could be used in a position where there would be a significant upgrade from what we have currently.

You would be wrong.  It's not really old but it's definately "older."  I believe 27-29 are usually a player's prime years.

no you are the one who is wrond mwuhahaha...tell that to derek jeter manny ramirez david ortiz paul konkero vladimir guerrero soon to be alex rodriguez...um should i go on oh johnny damon....

no you are the one who is wrond mwuhahaha...tell that to derek jeter manny ramirez david ortiz paul konkero vladimir guerrero soon to be alex rodriguez...um should i go on oh johnny damon....

Did you read the first post of this thread? He said to factor in age.

If you could take any player from any team and put them on the White Sox, factoring in age and ignoring salary, who would it be?

I guarantee you that no GM in baseball would take 32 year old Ichiro over 22 year old Miguel Cabrera.

By the way, Jeter is 31 and Ortiz, Konerko, Vlad, and A-Rod are all 30.

Edited by SSH2005

Did you read the first post of this thread?  He said to factor in age.

I guarantee you that no GM in baseball would take 32 year old Ichiro over 22 year old Miguel Cabrera.

By the way, Jeter is 31 and both Ortiz, Konerko, Vlad, and A-Rod are all 30.

i know what the question was im just sayin that 32 is not old for a baseball player and if it is then why did they give konerko a 5 yr contract

Edited by WhiteSox311

QUOTE(WhiteSox311 @ Mar 3, 2006 -> 06:33 PM)
i  know what the question was im just sayin that 32 is not old for a baseball player and if it is then why did they give konerko a 5 yr contract

Konerko is 30, so a 5 year contract makes him 35 at the end of it.

i  know what the question was im just sayin that 32 is not old for a baseball player and if it is then why did they give konerko a 5 yr contract

I never said that 32 years of age is old geezer territory for a baseball player. But it is definately older. 32 is usually getting past the average player's prime. The Sox gave Konerko a 5-year contract because they had to. That was the going rate to re-sign him. I'm sure that the Sox would rather have signed Konerko to a 3-year deal.

but then he would be older than 32 and would be too oldto play

Where did anyone say that being 32 years of age or older is "too old to play"? Have you ever heard of a player "being past his prime"? It doesn't mean that he can't be productive, it just means that he won't be as good as he was in his younger days.