Sox vs. Diamondbacks (3/4, 1:05 P.M. CT)

SSH2005

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its good to see the team on TV again. BMac looked just OK. It's just spring training, and its early. Everyone needs to tighten it up, but that's the point.

Im not on here very often in the offseason, what happened to quick reply?

QUOTE(ZeroHour @ Mar 4, 2006 -> 02:55 PM)
Its good to see the team on TV again.  BMac looked just OK.  It's just spring training, and its early.  Everyone needs to tighten it up, but that's the point.

Im not on here very often in the offseason, what happened to quick reply?

It became fast reply. ;)

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 4, 2006 -> 11:52 AM)
looks like they told brandon to focus on the fastball and changeup.  He has throw about 2 curves.

From what I saw I think Brandon was doing a lot of work with that 2-seamer. Most of his pitches were between 87-90 mph, when he actually threw the full four seamer, he got it up to 94.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 4, 2006 -> 03:17 PM)
I love how they have the trophy behind the "Sox" in the little stat bar at the bottom for the hitters.

i was noticing that too - love it

Man, I've seen 2 Konerko at bats this year, and I already really like how he looks at the plate. He's staying back on the ball, not trying to do too much, just poking the ball wherever he can, and he's 2/2 today.

He keeps that attitude this year, and he'll be getting a nice shiny award sometime next winter. He gets into trouble when he starts trying to be a "pull hitter" or putting too much pressure on himself to do something. He just stays back on the ball & doesn't try to do too much, he'll kill the rest of that league.