How many games will the sox win this year?

POPPY_HIDALGO

How many games will the white sox win this year?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. How many games will the white sox win this year?

• 60-70
    • 71-80
    • 81-90
    • 91-100
    • 120 or more

I see the Sox winning somewhere between 110 and 120 games this year. The rotation is that solid and the everyday lineup is easily one of the best in the league and by the end of the season might be looked at as one of the greatest of all time. So how well do you all see them doing this year?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(POPPY_HIDALGO @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 10:20 AM)
I see the Sox winning somewhere between 110 and 120 games this year. The rotation is that solid and the everyday lineup is easily one of the best in the league and by the end of the season might be looked at as one of the greatest of all time. So how well do you all see them doing this year?

Two words for you.

Get.

Real.

QUOTE(POPPY_HIDALGO @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 11:20 AM)

Why does your poll entirely skip the 100-120 range, when that is where you say they will finish?

:bang

156 - 6. All our losses will come against Oakland. During those games against Oakland, we'll accumulate a total of 48 errors, 3 blown saves, 4 ejections, a couple Mark Buehrle bombings, and a couple innings of A.J. playing SS.

Its practically unavoidable.

QUOTE(POPPY_HIDALGO @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 11:20 AM)

Who are you and what have you done with the real Poppy Hildago?

Theres no denying how good the Sox are gonna be this year. I spend alot of time travelling through the midwest for work and these Indians and Twins fans are making me sick. The Everett bulls*** from the paper also pisses me off. This team will not only walk away with the Central, but will have the best record in all of MLB.

Ditka 1,048 Sox 144.

Waitaminute.

Where's the totally negative Debbie Downer of a POPPY HIDALGO that we all know and laugh at?

Did he die and you are the bizarro world clone?

:pray :booty

Edited by knightni

QUOTE(POPPY_HIDALGO @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 06:25 PM)
Now that their reigning champs, I don't have to worry and think the worst anymore.

It's a beautiful feeling.  :D

:gosoxretro:

It's Mr. Blow-It-Out-Of-My-Ass Sunshine!! :)

Get.Real.

And thanks for playing.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 12:14 PM)
Who are you and what have you done with the real Poppy Hildago?

QUOTE(knightni @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 12:40 PM)
Ditka 1,048 Sox 144.

Waitaminute.

Where's the totally negative Debbie Downer of a POPPY HIDALGO that we all know and laugh at?

Did he die and you are the bizarro world clone?

:pray :booty

^^^

I miss the old days of predicting losses everyday. *sigh*

I think the pitching staff is solid. The offseason trade for Jim Thome adds more power, and barring injuries we can win 95 games this season.

Ah, back to reality. Do some of you guys realize how hard it is to win 100+ games? As good as the Sox were in both halves of the season last year they still only managed 99 games--that was with great health, amazing pitching, and a league average offense.

95 wins would be great for this club, for any club in MLB. I'm predicting 93 and a playoff berth.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 07:58 PM)
Ah, back to reality.  Do some of you guys realize how hard it is to win 100+ games?  As good as the Sox were in both halves of the season last year they still only managed 99 games--that was with great health, amazing pitching, and a league average offense.

The reason people think we will win 100 games or more is because they expect all of those things to happen again. They think the players will stay healthy, the pitching will stay amazing, and with the addition of Thome and possible improvement of Iguchi and Crede, the offense will be amazing.

By comparison of players, this years team is better than last years team, which leads to a lot of 100+ win predictions.

I'm not saying that we will win 100+ games but with such a solid rotation and even a good sixth starter in case of injury, we will have a good chance to win every game as long as our offense is decent. El Duque wasn't exactly a solid fifth starter last season due to nagging injuries. Long gone are the days of having guys like Todd Ritchie and Danny Wright in our rotation in which we didn't have much of a chance to win the games that they started. Kenny has built a rotation that I wouldn't have even believed could happen two years ago.