Sox vs Angels 3/12

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 09:12 PM)
Hermanson is giving up shots.  Anderson misplays a ball in the gap and it turns into a triple.

BTW, Hawk said he's still concerned about our bullpen. Hermanson looks TERRIBLE! At this point, he's not ready to face MLB hitters.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 03:15 PM)
Would it be so bad if he started the season on the DL in order to gain strength?  It also looks like he's changed his arm angle on his pitches.

I really don't even see him doing anything this year. He'll probably have to start out the year on the DL simply because he'll go down with back problems near the end of spring training. IMO, Sean Tracey is a better option out of the pen than Dustin Hermanson.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 09:17 PM)
I really don't even see him doing anything this year. He'll probably have to start out the year on the DL simply because he'll go down with back problems near the end of spring training. IMO, Sean Tracey is a better option out of the pen than Dustin Hermanson.

I'll take option C at this point.

he has looked horrible so far... but ill hold judgement on him until the regular season begins... maybe that can fire him up some more put a couple more miles on that fastball.

If Politte and Cotts can repeat their years hopefully Hermanson's role wont be that important anyways... im not 2 concerned with Cotts or Jenks really Politte is the guy im kind of questioning.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 04:21 PM)
In my pessimistic opinion, we're going to have to acquire another big league arm for our bullpen before the season starts.  Our starting pitching is too talented/expensive to waste because of a couple of glaring holes in the pen.

You should start all your posts like that, definitely made me laugh. :lolhitting

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 09:22 PM)
You should start all your posts like that, definitely made me laugh.    :lolhitting

I've noticed some noobies on the board recently, so I just wanted to make sure they knew who they were dealing with. :P

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 03:20 PM)
he has looked horrible so far... but ill hold judgement on him until the regular season begins... maybe that can fire him up some more put a couple more miles on that fastball.

If Politte and Cotts can repeat their years hopefully Hermanson's role wont be that important anyways... im not 2 concerned with Cotts or Jenks really Politte is the guy im kind of questioning.

That's all it really is. Dustin didn't forget how to pitch over the off-season. His arm strength is not where it was last year. He's got about 3 weeks to get it where it needs to be. If it's not any better in 3 weeks, I'll be worried.