Washington DC Regional

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha what a joke of a ref. Calls 6 men on the floor when Brian Randle steps one foot on the court to get around Dee Brown on the bench...

Illini with a decent 9 pt win, was really 16 till some stupid s*** hit the fan.

Great games from Randle and JAMAR SMITH.

Bring on Washington/Utah State. headbang

Edited by WHarris1

Besides some shoddy 3 point defense (a ton of those were wide, wide open looks) and some stand around offense in the 1st half, that was a pretty good game.

How about Jamar Smith. That game got close so many times and Jamar just pushed Air Force away.

If you are gonna continue moving in this tournament, that's the kind of game you are gonna need from your bench. Warren with a good game as well, i can't forget to mention that. If Dee can start making some damn shots, and we get an effort like that all-around, i'll be excited to see how far we can go. But it's gotta be all pieces clicking.

Good game, see someone on Saturday.

Air Force was by far and away the worst at-large team in the tournament and they had eight points in the paint, and no points from the bench and still competed until the end.

I wasn't impressed with Illinois' performance at all, but then again, I wasn't impressed with Boston College at all.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Mar 16, 2006 -> 09:44 PM)
Air Force was by far and away the worst at-large team in the tournament and they had eight points in the paint, and no points from the bench and still competed until the end.

I wasn't impressed with Illinois' performance at all, but then again, I wasn't impressed with Boston College at all.

Because they were hot from 3 all game.

It's the tournament, just survive and advance.

Nice to see the future isn't as bleak as everybody thinks. However I advise our "great senior leaders" to actually hit some shots if they plan on playing much longer. Dee had a very good all around game, but make a damned shot. And Augustine came out of the womb with 3 fouls I think, ugh. Great work by Jamar, Warren, and Brian though :).

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Mar 16, 2006 -> 11:34 PM)
Brian Randle better be ready come Saturday.  He's gonna have to "bring it" against Brandon Roy.

I think he's going to show up big going against an opponent that good, he has all year against high calibur players not named Daniel Horton. If Washington wins this game (still an if) I'm more worried about Augustine. Combine one of the dumbest players I've ever seen with trying to defend a smaller, quick lineup....and foul trouble is unavoidable.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 16, 2006 -> 11:35 PM)
I think he's going to show up big going against an opponent that good, he has all year against high calibur players not named Daniel Horton.  If Washington wins this game (still an if) I'm more worried about Augustine.  Combine one of the dumbest players I've ever seen with trying to defend a smaller, quick lineup....and foul trouble is unavoidable.

I'm more concerned with the bench. If they can step up like they did tonight, we've got a great shot.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Mar 16, 2006 -> 11:38 PM)
I'm more concerned with the bench.  If they can step up like they did tonight,  we've got a great shot.

Against the Washington matador defense (assuming they hold on), I expect them to make an impact (although not as big as they did tonight).

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 16, 2006 -> 11:38 PM)
Brandon Roy is on fire, 25 points.  Washington is in a world of trouble if he isn't playing this well.  Utah State still fighting though, down 8 with 4:06 left.

If Randle can even contain him, I like our chances.