Washington DC Regional

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 05:51 PM)
I would just like to say that Mo State and Creighton would beat the crap out of Air Force.

Mizzou State should have got in over Air Force. However, Creighton not getting in makes sense to me with their injuries and late season play.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 05:52 PM)
Mizzou State should have got in over Air Force.  However, Creighton not getting in makes sense to me with their injuries and late season play.

Doetzler would have been back for the tourny though which the committee says they look at. Complete f***in bulls*** and oh ya Hofstra would kill air force as well, complete bs.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 03:31 PM)
#1 UConn

#16 Albany

#8 Kentucky

#9 UAB

#5 Washington (WOW!!!)

#12 Utah State

#4 Illinois (WTF?!?!)

#13 Air Force

#2 Tennessee (WTF??!!?)

#15 Winthrop

#7 Wichita State (Valley)

#10 Seton Hall (hmm......)

#3 North Carolina

#14 Murray State

#6 Michigan State

#11 George Mason (hmmm ok.....)

That bracket is f***ED UP!!!!!  Illinois got f***ed, I'm suprised at some teams that made it.  There are teams in this bracket that don't belong, this bracket is TOUGH AS HELL overall, the seeding is bad.  Terrible job committee.  Illini are going nowhere :(.

I actually think you guys got a decent draw. Seedings are off, but I think your matchups are solid.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 06:20 PM)
I actually think you guys got a decent draw.  Seedings are off, but I think your matchups are solid.

I'm with you 100 percent here. Got to find a way to get past uconn but a real weak 2, a real weak 5 imo, unc is solid but I believe Illinois is better, I know msu is going to be everyone's sleeper but until they defend I don't think they do much.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 04:21 PM)
I'm with you 100 percent here.  Got to find a way to get past uconn but a real weak 2, a real weak 5 imo, unc is solid but I believe Illinois is better, I know msu is going to be everyone's sleeper but until they defend I don't think they do much.

I think our draw is a lot harder. Hopefully we'll be matching up with each other. Two defensive teams going at it. West Virginia is a tough team.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 06:26 PM)
I think our draw is a lot harder.  Hopefully we'll be matching up with each other.  Two defensive teams going at it. West Virginia is a tough team.

That's what I'm hoping, I actually love the WVU draw, I didn't want to face a team with an inside presence down low cause that could give us fits. We guard so f***in well on the perimeter, I'm just absolutely thrilled with that matchup. It would definitely be fun as hell to watch us go against each other, like cheat and I already said...wow, that game would be unbelievably low scoring.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 04:55 PM)
That's what I'm hoping, I actually love the WVU draw, I didn't want to face a team with an inside presence down low cause that could give us fits.  We guard so f***in well on the perimeter, I'm just absolutely thrilled with that matchup.  It would definitely be fun as hell to watch us go against each other, like cheat and I already said...wow, that game would be unbelievably low scoring.

Even scarier is that I happen to think after the 2nd round game, whoever comes out of this area (be it Iowa, SIU, NWS, or West Virginia) we meet up with the 2nd best team in the country (not by polls) in my mind.

I think Uconn and Texas are the two best teams out there, with Nova a slight 3rd. Memphis is insanely talented but those 3 teams I mentioned are the 3 best in my mind.

This is a really weak bracket. UConn should cruise to the Final Four. I just don't see anyone beating them.

Illinois got screwed a bit getting a 4, but they only really bad part about it is playing UConn. If by some miracle they get by them, the teams on the other side of the bracket aren't very good.

admittedly illinois has some winnable games ahead of them. opening with air force and potentially washington is not horrible.

unc and tennessee being higher seeds in the same bracket just astounds me.

i will say that if you are a uconn fan you have to be turning cartwheels right now. the biggest obstacle you have to the final four is a very flawed illinois team.

QUOTE(MarlinFan84 @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 07:17 PM)
I have UCONN losing to u of i

Pass me the kool aid, because apparently i need some more.

I'd like to take my chances with em, but if Uconn shows up and plays to potential, we don't have a shot.

I think very few teams in the nation can matchup up with UConn in the frontcourt. Florida, LSU, Texas, Kansas, and Georgetown might be the only squads that matchup up well against UConn frontcourt wise. LSU, and Georgetown wouldn't have enough in the backcourt to stick with them. But Florida, Texas, and Kansas would be formidable opponents inside and out. i would have included Duke, except that they have nobody at the SF spot who could remotely match up with Gay.

Here's my top 5 frontcourt's, and top 5 backcourts in the tourney.

Frontcourts:

1. Texas

2. UConn

3. Florida

4. Kansas

5. LSU

Backcourts:

1. UCLA

2. Villanova

3. Tennessee

4. Ohio State

5. Iowa

Guys like Ronald Steele, JJ Redick, Dee Brown, Shannon Brown, Carl Krauser, Gerry McNamara, Mike Gansey, Brandon Roy, Rajon Rondo, etc don't have enough help from their backcourt mate to make the list for me. Marquette was a close choice, but being so young, they turn the ball over too much for my liking.

I like the teams in your rankings but I think you should tweak a few things in terms of order. I think LSU is the #3 frontcourt. Davis is one of the most dominant offensive post players in the country I'd say it's between him and Powe), and Thomas is a big time athlete when he's healthy. Tasmin Mitchell is another really solid player if you're counting the SF's. I like those guys a lot more than I like Florida and Kansas' guys, although the latter two have more depth.

As for the backcourts, you gotta have Villanova #1. Foye, Ray, and Lowry can do it all, and Nardi is also pretty solid. UCLA's guys are solid, but they are still a little young and Collison doesn't thrill me as the 3rd guard.

Honestly, I'd also put Duke on there ahead of Iowa. Horner and Haluska are both solid but not stellar. Redick is dominant, Dockery is a guard that gives you solid contributions in a lot of areas, and Paulus is a pretty good playmaker.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

I like the teams in your rankings but I think you should tweak a few things in terms of order. I think LSU is the #3 frontcourt. Davis is one of the most dominant offensive post players in the country I'd say it's between him and Powe), and Thomas is a big time athlete when he's healthy. Tasmin Mitchell is another really solid player if you're counting the SF's. I like those guys a lot more than I like Florida and Kansas' guys, although the latter two have more depth.

As for the backcourts, you gotta have Villanova #1. Foye, Ray, and Lowry can do it all, and Nardi is also pretty solid. UCLA's guys are solid, but they are still a little young and Collison doesn't thrill me as the 3rd guard.

Honestly, I'd also put Duke on there ahead of Iowa. Horner and Haluska are both solid but not stellar. Redick is dominant, Dockery is a guard that gives you solid contributions in a lot of areas, and Paulus is a pretty good playmaker.

Thanks for the response. Here is my reasoning. I like Noah, Horford, and Corey Brewer over Davis, Thomas, and Mitchell. It's very close I will admit, but I think Florida's trio will be fresher considering they average 25.6 mpg as a group compared to LSU's 31 mpg for the 3. I also like the fact that both Horford and Noah are shooting over 62% from the floor, while Davis is only at 51% at his size with Thomas at 59.8%.

As for KU over LSU as well, again its very close, but I really like the talent level of Wright, Kaun, Giles, Jackson, and Rush. That's five big bodies they can throw at the 3-4-5 level and not lose much. Glen Davis is eventually going to wear out at 6'9 330 pounds playing over 31 minutes a game, but I admit, if Tyrus Thomas comes back healthy, they can play with anyone down low.

Forgot to answer your last two quotes.

As for UCLA, I would take Afflalo, Farmar, and Cedric Bozeman over the Villanova quartet, especially with the eye injury.

I like Horner, Henderson and Haluska over Paulus/Dockery/Redick because the Iowa triplet is much more interchangible than the Duke trio. Redick is the one man show, and if he's having an off night, the other two guys don't have the scoring ability to keep their team afloat without Shelden and McRoberts dominating inside.