Tornado comin right my way..

bmags

QUOTE(bmags @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 05:03 PM)
well...a wicked stom is like 2 miles away that has produced tornados 3 miles wide. This is scary s***.

Well, what are ya waiting for..grab the video camera and do like the movie Twister.. :bang

and if you're ok, post it on here or something... ;)

QUOTE(GASHWOUND @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 11:09 PM)
Well, what are ya waiting for..grab the video camera and do like the movie Twister.. :bang

and if you're ok, post it on here or something... ;)

haha, i'll let you know before my fam! i swear.

Well i just got power back springfield was hit hard. Spent most of the night downstairs,driving home was crazy, trees torn down all over, power lines in the strret a few street lights knocked down.i guess walmarts windows were blown out and stuff was stolen, good news is only 1 reported missing right now, but the damage is pretty bad. My house is in good condition though. can't say that for most though.

QUOTE(Spod=Ratings @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 07:13 AM)
Well i just got power back springfield was hit hard. Spent most of the night downstairs,driving home was crazy, trees torn down all over, power lines in the strret a few street lights knocked down.i guess walmarts windows were blown out and stuff was stolen, good news is only 1 reported missing right now, but the damage is pretty bad. My house is in good condition though. can't say that for most though.

Good to hear your ok....if your house is in good condition, consider yourself fortunate. There were 2 different tornadoes in the city limits last night (although I'm sure you know that by now).

My BIL and his family live right outside Springfield in Sangamon county (when I looked online this morning, there was mention of a tornado touchdown there, but not sure where in Sangamon county is touched down). At this point, no news is good news.

We got it in Springfield; Lord did we get it. Luckily I only lost a huge trunk section of our backyard climing tree that barely missed the house. My corner of town though, dang - it looks like a weather channel feature story. Our paper, State Journal Register, has photos that could say more then I could. You are always awestruck at scenes of natural destruction, but when it is a place with landmarks from your own life, its different - in an indescribable "this is but isn't reality" kind of way. The weird thing - after we went to my inlaws to sleep after we couldn't trust the rest of the tree - the sirens went off again at 2:00, and I swear when one of them would turn towards us it sounded like an harp or something. It was eerie.

Thank God nobody lost their life.

SFF

Edited by SpringfieldFan

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 09:28 AM)
Good to hear your ok....if your house is in good condition, consider yourself fortunate.  There were 2 different tornadoes in the city limits last night (although I'm sure you know that by now).

Yeha the second sirens went off and i didnt hear it at first then they drove police cars through my neighborhood waking everyone up.