Sox vs Rox 3/15 Official Game Thread

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 15, 2006 -> 09:14 PM)
And so you would be worried because he didn't have a perfect inning? When obviously working on one pitch? When he had given up 1 HIT in 4 previous innings? WHen it's SPRING TRAINING.

Seriously. Do you know Bobby's ERA last year? Jose's? Garland's? Etc, etc. It's spring training. It's one thing to worry about the second lefty spot, but that had nothing to do with that inning.

Well, Billy Koch said the velocity would come back after spring training, and it never did. Instead of just judging guys based on their ERA so far, some of us are analyzing their mechanics, etc. When I saw Jenks last week, he seemed to have a weird arm angle for him, and his pitches were cutting a lot. No one is freaking out about Jenks yet, but it's not like he's a known commodity, and guaranteed to be a superstar.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 15, 2006 -> 04:05 PM)
Well, Billy Koch said the velocity would come back after spring training, and it never did.  Instead of just judging guys based on their ERA so far, some of us are analyzing their mechanics, etc.  When I saw Jenks last week, he seemed to have a weird arm angle for him, and his pitches were cutting a lot.  No one is freaking out about Jenks yet, but it's not like he's a known commodity, and guaranteed to be a superstar.

You worry about everything and everyone in every situation. Whether they need worrying or not. So it's kinda hard to take it seriously.

Seriously. The only people worried about Jenks are on this board.

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE(SouthsideBlitz @ Mar 15, 2006 -> 02:06 PM)
Ok simple question, and that's why I asked is he ONE of the THREE brothers .. I know where two of them are but not the other.

Jose Molina of the Angels, Bengie Molina now of Toronto, and Yadier Molina of the Cardinals.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 15, 2006 -> 02:11 PM)
The Angels are going to regret letting Bengie go.

That's up to Jeff Mathis to decide.

Anywho...as much youth as they have, they may as well drop back for a year or two, bring some guys up, get younger, and make a big splash 2-3 years from now when they have guys like Wood, Kendrick, Morales, and Kotchman all starting and each making the minimum and can go and spend the rest of their dollars on their pitching staff.

QUOTE(SouthsideBlitz @ Mar 15, 2006 -> 04:13 PM)
Looks like he wanted vengance from his bad last outing.

His last outing wasn't too bad. 1 1/3, giving up a bomb to Chavez, which all of our pitchers have done over the years.

The outing before he got bombed.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 15, 2006 -> 10:08 PM)
You worry about everything and everyone in every situation. Whether they need worrying or not. So it's kinda hard to take it seriously.

Seriously. The only people worried about Jenks are on this board.

I'm not even watching the game today. I'm just going off of what people said he look like today, combined with what I observed last week.

Infield hit by Josh Fields. Blakely to 3rd base.

Man, Blakely has been raking this spring.

Andy Gonzalez with an RBI single. Fields makes it to 3rd base with some risky baserunning. 6-4 Sox.

Konerko K's. Inning over. 6-4 Sox going into the bottom of the 9th.

Edited by SSH2005