3/25 Game Thread: Sox vs. Giants

Cerbaho-WG

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 25, 2006 -> 03:25 PM)
So what happens to Lopez if Logan and Thornton wind up making the team?  Can we send him to AAA for a few months while they try messing with Thornton, or do we have to get him through waivers?

I think he signed a minor league contract. He can hang in Charlotte. I hope the plan is to send him to Charlotte. Thornton is better than him, although I believe Thornton belongs in the minors.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Thornton is out of options.  I'm asking about Lopez.  He's clearly been better than Thornton this spring, but Thornton will make the team by default to give Cooper a better chance with him.

If Lopez doesn't make the big league team, will he hit the waiver wires, or can we send him to AAA?

Javier Lopez is signed to a minor league deal. I believe they can assign him to the minors whenever they want to.

Sean Tracey... another guy I would trade for a reliable reliever. :bang

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Mar 25, 2006 -> 03:29 PM)
Javier Lopez is signed to a minor league deal. I believe they can assign him to the minors whenever they want to.

Sean Tracey...  another guy I would trade for a reliable reliever.  :bang

Tracey just lost any chance he had of starting the season in Chicago, not that there was much of one to begin with.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Mar 25, 2006 -> 03:31 PM)
He threw a pathetic hanger.  That's probably why.

9-5 Giants.

Maybe. I was thinking perhaps Tracey shook Widger off or threw another pitch which Widger wasn't expecting.

It's just odd because of all the crap we've seen this spring, never have I noticed our catchers out there noticeably upset.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 25, 2006 -> 03:35 PM)
If Jenks is pitching 3 innnings (48 pitches) in AA games, they are worried about his conditioning and arm strength.

THey said they were going to try and pitch him in as many innings as he thought he could go today. Get that pitch count up a little.

Good to hear JOse got all of his work in too.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Mar 25, 2006 -> 03:36 PM)
Don't tell jphat007 that.  :P

Why? We knew they were going to pitch him a bucnh today. They said that the otehr day. That doesn't tell us anything we didn't already know.

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 25, 2006 -> 09:51 PM)
That's probably true, but I bet either way, he's trade bait next offseason.

Well, hopefully Carrillo will be ready to join the rotation in a year or two, so we could save some money by trading Garland. :P