White Sox vs. Diamondbacks, 3/28/06, 2:05 pm

Balta1701

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Mar 28, 2006 -> 02:27 PM)
I have a hunch Byrd is going to be tough on the Sox all year like Millwood last year.

Thome is going to rip Byrd up.

The only one in their rotation that I worry about is CC because he has such pure stuff and he has the height.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 28, 2006 -> 02:29 PM)

The only one in their rotation that I worry about is CC because he has such pure stuff and he has the height.

i heard sabathia doesnt keep score...he just measures himself up against other pitchers by his height

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 28, 2006 -> 08:29 PM)

Thome may rip Byrd up but that does not mean the rest of the lineup will.

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Mar 28, 2006 -> 12:32 PM)
Thome may rip Byrd up but that does not mean the rest of the lineup will.

Sometimes it only takes 1 guy. Especially when you have our pitching staff ripping up their hitters.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 28, 2006 -> 09:03 PM)
I have a feeling Thome is going to hit at least 3 homers against Byrd this season.

The funny thing is that I typed this post without even seeing that others had mentioned Thome's chances against Byrd.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Mar 28, 2006 -> 03:10 PM)
So, hows Vazquez looking?  Sounds like he's settled down a bit after that giving up the bomb to Hudson.

Through 4 he has only given up 1 run on a solo dong, and scattered three hits. I am going only by the score on mlb.com, and cant give you walk and strikeout totals.

This is our freakin 5th starter also. 2 years ago the former tee ball stand by committee of Felix Diaz, Arnie Munoz and crap on a stick was marching out there. Now Javier Vasquez. LOL How times have changed.

So, if I heard correctly, Podsednik is done with ST at-bats and is looking to be ready for opening night?

Also, the two in the booth are off their game. In the ten minutes I've been half-listening, they've sounded awful.

Get this team to Chicago.

So, if I heard correctly, Podsednik is done with ST at-bats and is looking to be ready for opening night?

Also, the two in the booth are off their game.  In the ten minutes I've been half-listening, they've sounded awful.

Get this team to Chicago.

I heard Podsednik on The Score and he said that he is frustrated with his groin problems. He said he worked hard this offseason to get over them. Herm Schneider said that Podsednik needs to be running perfectly like a Porsche or else he will have problems (basically, he's injury-prone). They already said that Ozuna will start in LF on opening day against Sabathia if Podsednik isn't ready to go.

Edited by SSH2005

Boers and Berstein are doing a remote from the park and they made a comment about Gload not making a play in LF.  Anyone watching it that can elaborate on it more.

Its 3-1, the dbacks scored 2 I dont know how.

I heard the same.

Also, Hermanson isn't talking retirement yet. He is going to try to come back in the second half of the season. I think he probably realizes that his career is over but still wants to collect his $3.5 million for this season.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 28, 2006 -> 03:13 PM)
Through 4 he has only given up 1 run on a solo dong, and scattered three hits.  I am going only by the score on mlb.com, and cant give you walk and strikeout totals. 

This is our freakin 5th starter also.  2 years ago the former tee ball stand by committee of Felix Diaz, Arnie Munoz and crap on a stick was marching out there.  Now Javier Vasquez.  LOL How times have changed.

It's crazy isn't it. If you would have told me that Javier Vazquez would be our 5th starter in 2006 two years ago I would have said you were nuts. It's amazing how much things have changed in our staff.

Edited by jphat007