Stupid, Hilarious Videos

SnB

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 20, 2007 -> 01:45 PM)
How do you post it so that the video shows up here and you don't need to follow the link? Man...I wish I was older in the 70's.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 20, 2007 -> 02:43 PM)
Nope...didn't help.

untitled.jpg

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 23, 2007 -> 07:49 PM)
LOL! Nah, but I like the strangely odd, twisted nature of the first one, and when it kicks in it's a pretty cool song and leads me to want to hear more from the band.

The second clip is a bit of amazing make-up FX, provided by some hack named Stan Winston.

I figured there had to be a Hollywood horror make-up connection in there somewhere. You don't exactly strike me as a big Phil Collins guy.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 23, 2007 -> 07:52 PM)
I figured there had to be a Hollywood horror make-up connection in there somewhere. You don't exactly strike me as a big Phil Collins guy.

Actually, I count Genesis, up until Hackett left, as one of the greatest bands to ever exist. By far one of my favorite bands of all time. Phil is also one of the greatest drummers ever, who has sadly wandered far from his path.

Edited by Kid Gleason

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 23, 2007 -> 09:05 PM)
Actually, I count Genesis, up until Hackett left, as one of the greatest bands to ever exist. By far one of my favorite bands of all time. Phil is also one of the greatest drummers ever, who has sadly wandered far from his path.

I agree, mostly, though I don't find Trick of the Tail or Wind and Wuthering to be as musically ecclectic as the Gabriel stuff.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 23, 2007 -> 08:56 PM)
I agree, mostly, though I don't find Trick of the Tail or Wind and Wuthering to be as musically ecclectic as the Gabriel stuff.

No, not at all. But there is no doubt that it was the Gabriel and Hackett existense that made that band what it was. They lost a lot of the cool side with the Gabriel departure, but then it all vanished with Hackett. I just think most people discredit the post-Gabriel days, when in reality the two post-Gabriel albums are still quality releases.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 23, 2007 -> 10:08 PM)
No, not at all. But there is no doubt that it was the Gabriel and Hackett existense that made that band what it was. They lost a lot of the cool side with the Gabriel departure, but then it all vanished with Hackett. I just think most people discredit the post-Gabriel days, when in reality the two post-Gabriel albums are still quality releases.

True. Hackett was pretty amazing and it's still evident on those last studio releases. A friend has played me stuff off the first Hackett solo album (forget what it was called), and it was also quite excellent.

Since we're talking about them:

Gabriel was mesmerizing back in those days. Just unreal. One of the things I love about the early stuff was how they would move from incredibly beautiful stuff to the most volient sounds in a matter of seconds, and it always seemed effortless. Nobody was as powerful sounding, IMO, nor as violent sounding. Just so dang intense.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 01:56 AM)
Hey Kid, Did you know that The Musical Box has two Vic dates in early December?

Dang, I would love to see one of those shows. These guys are crazy dedicated to authenticity.

I did not know that. I still have yet to even hear them. I have a terrible phobia of tribute acts. But you would recommend them?

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 26, 2007 -> 07:44 AM)
I did not know that. I still have yet to even hear them. I have a terrible phobia of tribute acts. But you would recommend them?

I haven't had the chance to see them live, and have the same general loating for most tribute acts, but the recordings and video I've seen of these guys is astounding. From stage sets and props to instruments, to looks and mannerisms, the term "meticulous reproduction" would be an understatement.

Honestly, check this out and tell mme what you think.