SN Report: Alomar Headed to the DL

Chisoxfn

SN Report: Alomar Headed to the DL

By Jason Gage

May 31, 2003

SoxNet.net

Catcher Sandy Alomar was placed on the 15 day disabled list today. Alomar, who typically catches Mark Buehrle and Bartolo Colon, will likely be replaced by Josh Paul.

Alomar was hitting .247 and had played in 25 games. This will be his first stint on the disabled list this season. He injured himself in Friday's game against the Indians and he isn't expected to be out long.

His replacement Josh Paul played in five games for the White Sox earlier this season, going 2-4. He was hitting .188 in AAA Charlotte.

Miguel Olivo is expected to become the full time starter with Josh Paul playing a limited role as the backup.

So now do people think holding on to Paul was a decent idea?  Right now we would be bringing up Jaime Burke!

When I wrote that I was near positive it was Paul but the stats make no sense for this.

Hell I don't even think Paul has been playing that much lately. Burke is a superior offensive player. I guess they want someone familiar with the staff.