Rings

rangercal

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 07:51 PM)
You are very stubborn ( I remember you said you are like  that because of the serbian in you) and I thought the Irish were stubborn (which I am)  :drink

I love the crazy ability you have to completely make things up.

and you wonder why noone takes you seriously . . .

Edited by Kalapse

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 09:14 PM)
I GOT THERE AT 10:30 AND HAVE SPEND OVER A GRAND ON THE SOX ALREADY THIS SEASON. I DESERVE AT .50 CENT RING.

SORRY.

:)

I got there at 11 and still managed to get 1 while cutting in line!!! No one held a gun to your head about spending the money and as for a 50 cent ring, shows your character even more by cutting in line for something you value at 50 cents

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 09:41 PM)
I think the rings was a much bigger deal than the trophy, but I could be wrong. We got there at 10:30, got in line at about 10:50, and it was packed, so takt it for what its worth.

Did you get rings?

I think given today's experience, tomorrow will be worse!!

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 09:45 PM)
Yes, but we ended up cutting in line by accident. There is a big line at the gate, then ANOTHER line to get into the line at the gate. There was no security where we got in line, so we didnt think anything of it. We turned around and heard A s***LOAD of people yelling that about 30+ of us just got in line.

Haha what gate did you go in

I lucked into a pair of tix for the game but couldn't swing the trip in. My Dad and Bro got to use the tix on the condition that they both got thier asses in the gates early and at least one of them threw their ring my way. Talked to my Dad this evening and he lost the coin toss, so my ring and a spanking new 2006 Media Guide are heading my way. :headbang :headbang

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 09:40 PM)
What time should we plan to be there tomorrow to get a trophy?  I need any and all suggestions or strategy.  THX.

We got there at about 10:30 and and joined the mob between the gates where there wasn't any security, where there were several quasi-lines that eventually turned into a mob. We slowly worked our way towards the front and both got rings.

My vote is get there early (at least 2 hours) and try going to gate 5 across the street first. There seemed to be a MUCH shorter line there, or at least nowhere near as bad as the mob scene by the other gates.

Maybe after this week things will die down, but one thing the park needs to work on now is crowd control before games. On Sunday, the line to the patio area bled into the line for the Stadium Club, which bled into another gate's line. When the gates opened, everyone kinda bum rushed the turnstiles. They might wnat to get some security out there with bull horns to direct foot traffic.

SnB and i got off the train at 11:00 (wanted to be there earlier, but missed the train we wanted to be on) and started hustling around the park, looking for the shortest line. We got in line at gate 3 by about 11:10. We were all the way in the back, but we still got a ring and it looked like a decent amount were left, as well. By the time we got in, the line was as long as when we first started.

Our plan for tomorrow is to get to the park by about 10:30 and get in a line. It shouldn't be as bad tomorrow, i don't believe...it's not a sellout, correct?

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 10:29 PM)
So I'm guessing this ring isn't a piece of s***? Hmm the trophy doesn't look all that nice to me, but I'm hoping I'm wrong. We are planning on getting there around 10:30, hopefully that is good enough. 20,000 is a lot of trophys.

all I can say is, they started letting people in at 11am for the rings. Their was a HUGE line at the time. I was in the parking lot tailgaiting . I walked in at noon and their were no lines. Maybe I got lucky, but I still recived a ring. I promised it to my sister.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 10:29 PM)
So I'm guessing this ring isn't a piece of s***? Hmm the trophy doesn't look all that nice to me, but I'm hoping I'm wrong. We are planning on getting there around 10:30, hopefully that is good enough. 20,000 is a lot of trophys.

They're very similar to the replicas that the Bulls sold/gave away in the past. They look pretty sharp, but they would have been even cooler if the Sox logo and the background were silver and black.