Crede Appearance

KJean

QUOTE(KJean @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 03:52 PM)
I was just wondering if anyone had any information about Crede having an appearance/ autograph signing this Saturday somewhere. I think I read about it on here, but then again I could be making it up. Thanks!

that is the goofiest lookin picture of a player i have ever seen... the one in your avitar of course.

QUOTE(KJean @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 10:52 AM)
I was just wondering if anyone had any information about Crede having an appearance/ autograph signing this Saturday somewhere. I think I read about it on here, but then again I could be making it up. Thanks!

Crede will be at the North Riverside Toys R Us between 630-8pm this Saturday, April 15th.

There were only 225 vouchers given out to people who spent $30+ on MLB merchandise at that store only. I recieved my voucher on Sat April 1st, and was number 88. That following Monday, my friend went and the number jumped quickly; he was #185. If you plan on doing this, I suggest you get to that Toys R Us as quickly as possible, but I'm gonna guess that all the vouchers have been given out already.

QUOTE(smalls2598 @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 11:34 AM)
Crede will be at the North Riverside Toys R Us between 630-8pm this Saturday, April 15th.

There were only 225 vouchers given out to people who spent $30+ on MLB merchandise at that store only.  I recieved my voucher on Sat April 1st, and was number 88.  That following Monday, my friend went and the number jumped quickly; he was #185.  If you plan on doing this, I suggest you get to that Toys R Us as quickly as possible, but I'm gonna guess that all the vouchers have been given out already.

Thanks so much for the info. I actually go to school in Milwaukee and wont be in Chicago till the weekend for Easter. Oh well, thanks again!

QUOTE(KJean @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 09:52 AM)

It would be nice to see Crede make an appearance at the plate this season.. geez what is goin on with some of our hitters

QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 01:26 PM)
It would be nice to see Crede make an appearance at the plate this season.. geez what is goin on with some of our hitters

not sure what youre expecting, I know his average is not there yet, but he has been driving the ball pretty well and has 7 rbis, he's done a decent job at the plate so far imo.

His glove on the other hand, besides the "no call" error that Farmeo was mentioning today, has been spectacular.

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 03:39 PM)
not sure what youre expecting, I know his average is not there yet, but he has been driving the ball pretty well and has 7 rbis, he's done a decent job at the plate so far imo.

His glove on the other hand, besides the "no call" error that Farmeo was mentioning today, has been spectacular.

^^^

Thome the God has 8 RBIs, and Crede has 7 at the bottom half of the lineup. I'm not sure what exactly you're expecting. I've been pleased with Crede, thus far.

QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 03:25 PM)
Well you guys can be happy with his .1 something batting average, but im not.. Those numbers could be even better if he was hitting

Never questioned his glove though, nothing wrong there

I would call the Toys R Us and make sure this is still happening. It is no longer listed with Toys R Us Website.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 02:49 PM)
^^^

Thome the God has 8 RBIs, and Crede has 7 at the bottom half of the lineup.  I'm not sure what exactly you're expecting.  I've been pleased with Crede, thus far.

Crede has almost twice as many AB's w/ RISP though.

That's not to say I don't like Crede, I'm pleased with how he's been playing.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Apr 13, 2006 -> 07:53 PM)
Crede has almost twice as many AB's w/ RISP though.

That's not to say I don't like Crede, I'm pleased with how he's been playing.

Yeah I am also not tryin to say I dont like Crede, but he had a good game yesterday

QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 02:25 PM)
Well you guys can be happy with his .1 something batting average, but im not.. Those numbers could be even better if he was hitting

Never questioned his glove though, nothing wrong there

I've been critical of Crede's defense in the past, but he's been better in 2006. He still has a huge weakness of not being athletic enough to barehand balls on bunts and swinging bunts; he can't charge on a ball.

This year he's already impressed me with his stops on hard hit balls (which I think has always been damn good). He gets a 10 in style points for plays like the one he made last week when he deflected a liner in the air with his glove, then made the barehand catch as the ball descended.

Edited by shoota

Considering the fact that Crede is usually a 2nd half hitter, we should be stoked with the way he's carried on his form from the playoffs into this season. It looks like he may be finally coming into his own as a hitter.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Apr 15, 2006 -> 02:51 AM)
Considering the fact that Crede is usually a 2nd half hitter, we should be stoked with the way he's carried on his form from the playoffs into this season. It looks like he may be finally coming into his own as a hitter.

So how was the Crede appearance for anyone who went and what did you get signed?

QUOTE(salty99 @ Apr 15, 2006 -> 08:16 PM)
So how was the Crede appearance for anyone who went and what did you get signed?

It went pretty good; i got a picture signed from the 2006 official yearbook, and my brother got a baseball signed. We were able to shake his hand, get and autograph and take a picture with Joe if you brought a camera. I congratulated him on a great playoff performance and wished him the best of luck to repeat again this year.

Here are a few pics; i'm the one in the jersey and my brother is in the black shirt.

crede1.jpgcrede2.jpg

stevecrede.jpgnickcrede.jpg

I went as well, though I didn't have a voucher so I wasn't able to get an autograph or anything. But my friend and I were able to watch on and we did take quite a few pictures. He was very nice, talked to fans, signed a lot of autographs and took a ton of pictures and such.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d142/dau...n85/Crede05.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d142/dau...n85/Crede24.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d142/dau...n85/Crede30.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d142/dau...n85/Crede35.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d142/dau...n85/Crede41.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d142/dau...n85/Crede42.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d142/dau...n85/Crede44.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d142/dau...n85/Crede49.jpg

Thanks again smalls for the info!

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 07:20 PM)
So he'd sign anything? I know some of the other mbl players that do the toys r us thing are only supposed to sign a baseball. Not sure if thats enforced but I read that for the Yadier Molina one

On the flyers/online posting it said he would only sign mlb baseballs and pictures, but he was signing everything (if you had a voucher); caps, jerseys, magazines, and such. They also had a stack of glossy photos of Crede if someone didn't bring anything for him to sign.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 11:37 AM)
cool thanks for the info. I wonder if the Buehrle signing will have the same on paper restrictions with him signing anything

I think you'll be fine with any "paper" memoribilia, they are probably just trying to discourage bats, gloves, bases, jerseys and the rest of the big items.

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 02:28 PM)
I think you'll be fine with any "paper" memoribilia, they are probably just trying to discourage bats, gloves, bases, jerseys and the rest of the big items.

Good because I plan on bringing my Wheaties box. Are they restricting to one item per person or no?