Teacher accused of sex and murder plot

Steff

http://www.wpmi.com/news/local/story.aspx?...63-56B42DB41685

Last Update: 4/14/2006 2:17:27 PM

Watch this story

(COFFEEVILLE, Alabama) April 13 - A Coffeeville High School teacher is arrested and charged with having sex with several students. She also allegedly tried to involve one of those students in a plot of murder.

Coffeeville High School teacher 30-year-old Sharon Linton Rutherford, is arrested Tuesday by law officers in Clarke County. "There was a plan that this teacher possibly wanted to kill her husband," says Clarke County Sheriff's Detective, Ron Baggett.

Investigators say two of the sexually molested victims were under the age of 16 and the investigation continues to see if any more students were involved.

Chief Deputy Donnie Arnold explains the charges against Rutherford: "Solicitation of murder, first-degree rape, 2 counts of enticing a child to enter a vehicle or room, sexual abuse second degree. The matter will continue to be investigated," says Arnold.

School officials say Rutherford was placed on administrative leave from her position as an English teacher until the case is complete. "She won't be back teaching our students," says Clarke County Superintendent, Gerald Stephens.

Meantime, some of her students remain in disbelief. "She was a real good teacher. I was really surprised when I heard the news, but I didn't believe them," says Coffeeville High School Student, Emily Gilmore.

The first accusation came against the teacher in 2004, but school officials say they had little proof to go on . Recently, one of the students came to the school principal with information, which sparked the latest investigation.

For now, Rutherford remains in the Clarke County Jail with her bond set at $55,000.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 02:29 PM)
What is with all of these teachers trying to bang their students?

I never remember anything of the sort when I was in school.

meh, I never had any teachers worth the thought.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 06:57 PM)
^^^ 

Going to school in the 80's and early 90's the teachers were mostly still old bags left over from the stone age.

exactly. It was either guys in their 40's, or women who were set to retire one year after I was outta there.

My first hot teacher was in college. I had a few TA's in psychology and mass media that were smokin hot. By that time, I was legal! :headbang

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 15, 2006 -> 05:29 AM)
What is with all of these teachers trying to bang their students?

I never remember anything of the sort when I was in school.

We've had quite a few cases of that happening down here the last couple of years. And really it's quite sad.

IIRC, a victim who was a 16 year old boy, was thankful for it, because he still loved his teacher.

Meanwhile, another student-f***er goes back to jail:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12289591/

Of interest to rasslin' fans, this teacher was also named Miss Monday Nitro back in 1997, when wCw held a fan beauty contest at Panama City Beach during Spring Break.

PLUS, she was using MySpace to violate the agreement she made with police not to contact the student or use the Internet, so she's like Miss Current Events now.

Edited by The Critic

Why do sexual predators feel that myspace is such a haven for them? It has to be the biggest perv-trap the internet has going right now, and they just flock to it like its no big deal. And this hot teacher going back to jail is friggin hilarious, she didnt last very long on the outside.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 08:36 AM)
My 6th grade teacher was in playboy.  :headbang

I definitely gave her a couple two tree toughts as a youfth.

Vinny Gambini: It is possible that the two yutes...

Judge Chamberlain Haller: ...Ah, the two what? Uh... uh, what was that word?

Vinny Gambini: Uh... what word?

Judge Chamberlain Haller: Two what?

Vinny Gambini: What?

Judge Chamberlain Haller: Uh... did you say 'yutes'?

Vinny Gambini: Yeah, two yutes.

Judge Chamberlain Haller: What is a yute?

[beat]

Vinny Gambini: Oh, excuse me, your honor...

[exaggerated]

Vinny Gambini: Two YOUTHS.

Edited by kyyle23