Game Thread - 04/16 Garcia vs. Towers

DBAHO

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Apr 16, 2006 -> 09:27 PM)
so is the consensus that freddy still has these complete, occasional breakdowns or do we blame the 5th on the rain?

Right now, early in the season of course, Freddie is the #5 guy in the rotation. I'd rather see McCarthy in there I think. Maybe we will trade Freddie G for a #1 closer? Billy Koch available?

It was a good game. I loved it. Buehrle was sliding on the tarp during the delay and everything just clicked. I was happy with Garcia even with the fifth taken into account. The rain, people!

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Apr 16, 2006 -> 03:27 PM)
so is the consensus that freddy still has these complete, occasional breakdowns or do we blame the 5th on the rain?

Freddy was fine during this game. It was the rain and problems with gripping the ball. And there were a few borderline umpire ball-calls that bothered me.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Apr 16, 2006 -> 03:33 PM)
Right now, early in the season of course, Freddie is the #5 guy in the rotation. I'd rather see McCarthy in there I think. Maybe we will trade Freddie G for a #1 closer? Billy Koch available?

Freddy is either our four or three, depending where you put Vazquez. Garland's our five.