Game Thread - 04/16 Garcia vs. Towers

DBAHO

And time for me to start a Game Thread Streak. :D

And really it's a favorable matchup for us today. Towers hasn't had a good start to the season at all with a 6.75 ERA in 2 starts. He doesn't strike out a lot of hitters, and he's been terrible against lefties (which means Thome's probably an excellent bet for the PTC today). In 6 appearances against us in his career, he has a 4.27 ERA.

Meanwhile, we need Freddy to keep improving. He was thereabouts in his start against the Tiggies, but he can be better. He needs to throw the fastball more and not the off-speed stuff he did in his 1st outing against the Tribe. But I like our chances in this one. :headbang :gosox1:

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully we'll get this in without a problem. The forecast doesn't look too good.

Today: A few showers this morning with numerous thunderstorms developing during the afternoon hours. High 58F. Cooler near the lakeshore. Winds E at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 80%.

It would be nice if it would hold off until the game is set and done but who knows.

Go Sox!! Get this series victory! :gosox1:

About the forecast for today: my television was interrupted with a Severe Thunderstorm Warning, but I didnt tune in to check where it was.

Freddy's fastball hasn't hit very high.. and hes throwing a lot of balls. Hopefully, he'll call down.

Two straight walks. :(