408.57 ft

Steve9347

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 11:01 AM)
I contend that Thome will not only be the second to hit one onto the concourse, but the first to hit one of the billboards/scoreboard.  Or maybe park one into the fan deck.

We shall see...

i can definitely see the concourse in right, but the fan deck going the opposite way! not a chance.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 10:01 AM)
I contend that Thome will not only be the second to hit one onto the concourse, but the first to hit one of the billboards/scoreboard.  Or maybe park one into the fan deck.

We shall see...

Dan Pasqua actually already hit one of the billboards. He hit the old Winston billboard that used to be in Right Field.

QUOTE(SoxPhan7 @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 11:04 AM)
i can definitely see the concourse in right, but the fan deck going the opposite way! not a chance.

The Fan Deck is straightaway centerfield, not opposite... and I highly doubt anyone will ever hit a ball up there.

I believe you were thinking Fundamentals. I'd s***, make a sandwich with my s***, and then eat my s*** sandwich if anyone ever hit one up there.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 10:09 AM)
The Fan Deck is straightaway centerfield, not opposite... and I highly doubt anyone will ever hit a ball up there.

I believe you were thinking Fundamentals.  I'd s***, make a sandwich with my s***, and then eat my s*** sandwich if anyone ever hit one up there.

If I ever see it happen, I'll think of this post and luagh my as off.

QUOTE(pcullotta @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 09:08 AM)
Dan Pasqua actually already hit one of the billboards.  He hit the old Winston billboard that used to be in Right Field.

Didn't Cecil Fielder hit one of the billboards as well?

I guess what I should have said is that Thome IMO will be the one to set the distance record for a homer in the Cell. I mean, Thomas had power (he damn near hit the beer stand in left field a couple of times) but Thome just hits MONSTER shots. Wait 'till one day when that wind's blowin out and he gets one up nice and high (like on opening night)... and, mark my words.

It will happen. This year.

QUOTE(pcullotta @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 04:08 PM)
Dan Pasqua actually already hit one of the billboards.  He hit the old Winston billboard that used to be in Right Field.

Really? I don't remember that but we are talking about Dan Pasqua so anything's possible. To hit one of those billboards it would have to be at least 550 feet. Borch's is the longest (504?) and I thought it landed on the concourse.

QUOTE(maggliopipe @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 10:33 AM)
Really?  I don't remember that but we are talking about Dan Pasqua so anything's possible.  To hit one of those billboards it would have to be at least 550 feet.  Borch's is the longest (504?) and I thought it landed on the concourse.

If you angle a shot down the line I think you could clear the concourse without traveling as far as Borchard's. I'm just guessing though.

QUOTE(maggliopipe @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 11:33 AM)
Really?  I don't remember that but we are talking about Dan Pasqua so anything's possible.  To hit one of those billboards it would have to be at least 550 feet.  Borch's is the longest (504?) and I thought it landed on the concourse.

Pasqua's shot was down the line and they had it listed as 470-something.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 01:08 PM)
Does anyone remember a Sammy HR ball hitting the wall just below the fan deck a few years ago?

Yes, it was an absolute blast just missing the Fan Deck. Someone is going to put one on there one of these days, I watched Troy Glaus just miss doing it during BP the other day, it certainly can be done.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 01:16 PM)
Yes, it was an absolute blast just missing the Fan Deck. Someone is going to put one on there one of these days, I watched Troy Glaus just miss doing it during BP the other day, it certainly can be done.

Yep, I'm just glad Sammy wasn't the one to do it.

I hope it's Thome and I hope it's off of Zambrano this year.

My favorite player, on my favorite team, hitting it off my most hated player on my most hated team. I think they'd have to lock me up if that happened.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 10:09 AM)

I believe you were thinking Fundamentals.  I'd s***, make a sandwich with my s***, and then eat my s*** sandwich if anyone ever hit one up there.

I will hold you to that. :P

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 01:08 PM)
Does anyone remember a Sammy HR ball hitting the wall just below the fan deck a few years ago?

That wasn't nearly as impressive as when he hit 2 OUT of Miller Park during the HR derby. Anyone there when Bonds hit one to the concourse and it bounced out during BP 2 years ago?

im pretty sure chavez, arod, thomas and borchard have all hit the concourse...pasqua hit one 484, but i remember he hit one onto the roof at the old park, that had to be the farthest...

btw thome i believe would already have 2 on the white sox list..

TOP 10 LONGEST WHITE SOX HOMERS;

1. 504 feet- Joe Borchard,August 30,2004 vs.Philadelphia(Brett Myers)

2. 495 feet- Frank Thomas,July 23,2002 vs. Minnesota(Johan Santana)

3. 484 feet- Dan Pasqua,April 27,1991 vs. New York(Scott Sanderson)

4. 466 feet- Frank Thomas, May 16,1992 vs. Baltimore(Bob Milacki)

5. 461 feet- Frank Thomas, May 20,1995 vs. California(Scott Sanderson)

6. 458 feet- Bo Jackson, September 21,1991 vs. California(Kurt Abbott)

7. 454 feet- Frank Thomas,August 4,2003 vs. Kansas City(Nate Field)

8. 451 feet- Frank Thomas, July 23,1993 vs. Milwaukee(Angel Miranda)

9. 449 feet- Ron Karkovice, May 4,1992 vs. Milwaukee(Johnny Ruffin)

T10. 448 feet-Frank Thomas,July 22,2003 vs. Cleveland(Jason Davis)

T10. Frank Thomas,July 17,2000 vs. Milwaukee(Steve Woodard)

T10. Robin Ventura,September 3,1996 vs. Detroit(Omar Olivares)

T10. George Bell,September 11,1993 vs. Detroit(David Wells)

VISITNG PLAYERS

1. 490 feet-Eric Chavez,Oakland,April 26,2001 off Gary Glover

2. 475 feet-Barry Bonds,San Francisco,June 10,2003 off Jon Garland

3. 473 feet-Cecil Fielder,Anaheim,May 13,1998 off Mike Sirotka

4. 470 feet-Mark McGwire,Oakland,July 24,1996 off James Baldwin

5. 458 feet-Alex Rodriguez,Seattle,August 8,2000 off Lorenzo Barcelo

6. 452 feet-Mark McGwire,Oakland,July 23,1996 off Alex Fernandez

T7. 442 feet-Eddie Murray,Cleveland,June 28,1996 off James Baldwin

T7. 442 feet-Mark McGwire,Oakland,May 18,1995 off Alex Fernandez

9. 441 feet-Jim Thome,Cleveland,July 18,2001 off Mark Buehrle

T10. 438 feet-Corey Koskie,Minnesota,July 2,2001 off Kip Wells

T10. 438 feet-Jason Giambi,Oakland,August 4,2000 off Mike Sirotka