Line-Up/Gamethread 6/02/03

Cali

And to think there were some morons last year who said let's dump Frank because we now got the great messiah Paul Konerko

I am amazed how some idiots fell for his leadership crap when he started pointing fingers at Frank....why is he not pointing any fingers at his own sorry ass now?

Because even though he is sucking, he is still a team player, unlike Frank.

And to think there were some morons last year who said let's dump Frank because we now got the great messiah Paul Konerko

I am amazed how some idiots fell for his leadership crap when he started pointing fingers at Frank....why is he not pointing any fingers at his own sorry ass now?

What a bunch of BS....he is only a look-at-me piece of crap....who does not even merit being mentioned in the same sentence as Frank

Frank has been the franchise for a decade

Paul has been a pathetic loser all his life....leader my ass

What a bunch of BS....he is only a look-at-me piece of crap....who does not even merit being mentioned in the same sentence as Frank

Issues? lol :rolleyes:

Issues? lol :rolleyes:

LOL

Just tired of this losing....I am soooo near noit caring again for the rest of this season

Isn't it scary that in a matter of a few days we may actually fall to 4th place? This team is so not good. Something has got to get done. Firing the manager alone will not do it, some players need to be moved. Let the "rebuilding phase" begin once again.

I wish Frank was hitting .300+. That way, he could call out Paulie and Paul can see what it feels like.

Unfortunately, Frank's not having all that good of a year, so he can't really do that. I hope he gets hot before we trade PK so Frank can have 1 last parting shot. :D

From the game recap:

The White Sox's frustrations continued as they fell to 2-5 on their longest trip in 19 years, and are just 2 1/2 games ahead of the rebuilding Indians.

White Sox management has maintained that manager Jerry Manuel's job is safe, but there has been speculation the sixth-year skipper may be released during the remainder of the four-city, 14-day trip.

Isn't it scary that in a matter of a few days we may actually fall to 4th place?  This team is so not good.  Something has got to get done.  Firing the manager alone will not do it, some players need to be moved.  Let the "rebuilding phase" begin once again.

I don't know if this team can wait another 7 games on this trip to do something. I was in agreement with others that this 14 game road trip was a make or break. If we can't beat the Indians does anyone really think we can compete with Arizona or LA? I can forsee us losing 7 in a row and having a ten game losing streak when we get back to Chitown. If that happens I think the season is over.

I wish Frank was hitting .300+. That way, he could call out Paulie and Paul can see what it feels like.

Unfortunately, Frank's not having all that good of a year, so he can't really do that. I hope he gets hot before we trade PK so Frank can have 1 last parting shot. :D

Id love that! Frank is doing well enough tho and PKs doing bad enough that he probably could tho. But Frank has more class than that...

Unfortunately, Frank's not having all that good of a year, so he can't really do that. I hope he gets hot before we trade PK so Frank can have 1 last parting shot.

Get your facts straight! Konerko never called Frank out because he was slumping. He called him out because he wasn't being a team player. Frank wasn't showing up on time for practice and working out with the rest of his teammates. Frank Thomas of all people cannot call out Konerko for his slump now, as we've had to endure many slumps of FT's in the past.

And as least PK isn't making excuses for his slump. With Frank, it was always the umpires' fault or the other pitchers' fault for throwing him inside all the time. Both players are not performing well and Paulie should see some bench time, but if I had to choose I would still take PK over "Frank the perpetual whiner" any day.

Frank Thomas of all people cannot call out Konerko for his slump now, as we've had to endure many slumps of FT's in the past.

NEVER has Frank had a slump like the one Paulie is in. As has been pointed out, he's been SO bad for SO long that it's not even a slump anymore. Slumps last a couple of weeks -- not a couple of months.

I would take PK over "Frank the perpetual whiner" any day

This proves that you know little about what's best for the White Sox. Paulie's BEST OBP he's ever had was .363 (2000), and his best SLG he's ever had was .511 (1999). This season, Frank is having what most on here will regard an "OK" at best year. His OBP and SLG are .405 and .491, respectively. So basically, Frank at a diminished level of performance is STILL as good (I argue better) than PK is. And PK is making more than Frank is. And not that PK is to blame for it AT ALL, but he's got the hip issue -- that doesn't bode well for his future.

You tell me who the Sox would be better off with.

We'll most likely never see the Frank of old again, so if he's going to continue to find something to cry about year after year then yes, I'd rather have PK.

The main reason for my post above was directed at a few posters who think Frank should have parting shots at PK just because he's not performing well. I just think that's idiotic since Paulie didn't do that to Frank. He just asked him to be more of a team player and there's nothing wrong with that (the only part that was wrong was doing it in the media, which PK has admitted was wrong). If PK starts skipping pregame workouts or whatever, then fine...Frank can call him out. But Paulie is a better teammate than that.

We'll most likely never see the Frank of old again, so if he's going to continue to find something to cry about year after year then yes, I'd rather have PK.

The main reason for my post above was directed at a few posters who think Frank should have parting shots at PK just because he's not performing well.  I just think that's idiotic since Paulie didn't do that to Frank.  He just asked him to be more of a team player and there's nothing wrong with that (the only part that was wrong was doing it in the media, which PK has admitted was wrong).  If PK starts skipping pregame workouts or whatever, then fine...Frank can call him out.  But Paulie is a better teammate than that.

If Paulie was under the scrutiny that Frank is/was/will be under, I doubt he would act the same way he is acting. There's virtually no pressure on Paulie, because there are 3 or 4 guys that are more popular on the team than he is (Frank, Magglio, Colon, and arguably Koch and Buehrle). Konerko is, for the most part, playing AWFUL and it's going pretty much unnoticed from the rest of the baseball world.

The main reason for my post above was directed at a few posters who think Frank should have parting shots at PK just because he's not performing well.  I just think that's idiotic since Paulie didn't do that to Frank.  He just asked him to be more of a team player and there's nothing wrong with that (the only part that was wrong was doing it in the media, which PK has admitted was wrong).  If PK starts skipping pregame workouts or whatever, then fine...Frank can call him out.  But Paulie is a better teammate than that.

If Paulie was under the scrutiny that Frank is/was/will be under, I doubt he would act the same way he is acting. There's virtually no pressure on Paulie, because there are 3 or 4 guys that are more popular on the team than he is (Frank, Magglio, Colon, and arguably Koch and Buehrle). Konerko is, for the most part, playing AWFUL and it's going pretty much unnoticed from the rest of the baseball world.

They are starting to notice Konerko's lack of production. Bob Valvano and Rob Neyer were talking about it tonight on ESPN radio.