Official NBA Playoffs Thread

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ May 7, 2006 -> 12:35 PM)
Real MVP's don't quit on their team in the 2nd half of a game 7.  Jordan never would have gone down that way.

Oh please, they were down 30. His teammates quit on him and that's why the game was over in the 3rd quarter, he was the only guy that showed up last night.

Kobe isn't anywhere near Jordan, but the "Kobe did this that Jordan wouldn't have" nonsense is silly. Nobody is Jordan, and whoever claims Kobe is should have their basketball fan card taken away anyways.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 7, 2006 -> 04:17 PM)
Oh please, they were down 30.  His teammates quit on him and that's why the game was over in the 3rd quarter, he was the only guy that showed up last night.

Kobe isn't anywhere near Jordan, but the "Kobe did this that Jordan wouldn't have" nonsense is silly.  Nobody is Jordan, and whoever claims Kobe is should have their basketball fan card taken away anyways.

They were down 15 at halftime. Hardly an insurmountable lead and Kobe never showed any heart or life in the 2nd half. No matter what he did they weren't winning the game but whenever you have Charles Barkley saying you were selfish then you have some issues.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ May 7, 2006 -> 07:11 PM)
Can we just fast-foward to June?  Nothing outside of a crippling injury is gonna prevent the Pistons and Spurs from advancing to the finals.

Can we at least wait until the series gets back to Dallas? That was a pretty close game last night in SA.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 8, 2006 -> 11:09 AM)
Can we at least wait until the series gets back to Dallas?  That was a pretty close game last night in SA.

I got this series going 6 games. That's it. The Mavs don't fool me. They are not capable of beating the Spurs 4 times in a playoff series.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ May 8, 2006 -> 12:37 PM)
I got this series going 6 games.  That's it.  The Mavs don't fool me.  They are not capable of beating the Spurs 4 times in a playoff series.

You're probably right, but I'd like to see a stronger outing from the Spurs in game 2 and a genuine challenge in game 3 before I call this series. You only get lucky at the end of close games so many times, no matter how much skill you have.

Welp the Mavericks finally wisened up and put Devin Harris in the starting 5 and moved Terry to the 2 guard, and what do ya know....Harris scores 20 and they blow the Spurs out of their own effin gym. Mavs are going to win this series people, the Spurs should just feel blessed to not be down 0-2 right now.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 10, 2006 -> 02:51 AM)
Welp the Mavericks finally wisened up and put Devin Harris in the starting 5 and moved Terry to the 2 guard, and what do ya know....Harris scores 20 and they blow the Spurs out of their own effin gym. Mavs are going to win this series people, the Spurs should just feel blessed to not be down 0-2 right now.

I agree. I think this Mavs team is legit this year. I'm pulling for them, and would not be surprised to see the Spurs make it into the Finals this year.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 10, 2006 -> 08:36 AM)
I agree. I think this Mavs team is legit this year. I'm pulling for them, and would not be surprised to see the Spurs make it into the Finals this year.

Avery is a wonderful coach, and I really like the players on their team (Howard, Harris, Nowitzki, Daniels). They are definitely the team I'm pulling for to win it all with the Bulls gone.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ May 8, 2006 -> 12:37 PM)
I got this series going 6 games. That's it. The Mavs don't fool me. They are not capable of beating the Spurs 4 times in a playoff series.

Now they only have to do it 3 times, all of which are at home.

I'm still sticking with the Spurs. I have this whole season and I'm not jumping ship. That Mavericks played outstanding last night. Say what you want about the reffing last night, it wouldn't have made a difference with the way the Mavericks played, they were clearly the superior team. But with that said I think the Spurs are going to kick it into gear and play with a sense of urgency. I'm going out on a limb and saying the Spurs win in 6.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 10, 2006 -> 10:31 AM)
Now they only have to do it 3 times, all of which are at home.

The Spurs are plenty capable of winning in Dallas. The Mavs stole game 1 against the Spurs 3 years ago, only to lose the series in 6. I realize the Mavs are a different team now. I just can't see anybody other than the Pistons knocking them off.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 10, 2006 -> 01:51 AM)

The Spurs have to be a tired team right now. They got like one day off in between eliminating the Kings and the start of their series with the Mavs. They now have a few days to get ready for game 3. You'll see a much different team.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 14, 2006 -> 01:40 AM)
I remember them, and their troubles focusing for 48 minutes at a time (SEE: Last 2 games) is going to get them in a lot of trouble. You can't just "turn it on".

Please. The Pistons are so good it's illegal at times. Are they supposed to sweep through the playoffs? I'm not saying they can't be beat, but they're the favorites at this point.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ May 14, 2006 -> 04:11 AM)
Please. The Pistons are so good it's illegal at times. Are they supposed to sweep through the playoffs? I'm not saying they can't be beat, but they're the favorites at this point.

We'll see, but I still think Dallas and San Antonio could have done the same things Detroit did this year had they played in the East. Those 2 teams are just as good as Detroit IMO.

Oh, and Miami wins today btw, looks like it will be a rematch in the ECF this year between Detroit and Miami.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 14, 2006 -> 05:26 PM)
We'll see, but I still think Dallas and San Antonio could have done the same things Detroit did this year had they played in the East. Those 2 teams are just as good as Detroit IMO.

Oh, and Miami wins today btw, looks like it will be a rematch in the ECF this year between Detroit and Miami.

I'd be shocked if the Heat won more than one game against the Pistons.