Official NBA Playoffs Thread

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 21, 2006 -> 05:00 PM)
Bah. 3rd time's a charm for Sheed. :rolly

I'm definitely pulling for Miami in the East.

LOL. Did he guarantee another win today? Anyway, the Cavs had their chance to finish them off. They blew it. I see the Mavs suffering the same fate tomorrow.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ May 21, 2006 -> 10:03 PM)
LOL. Did he guarantee another win today? Anyway, the Cavs had their chance to finish them off. They blew it. I see the Mavs suffering the same fate tomorrow.

I dont think so with the Mavs... They will have Terry back which makes them a lot more dangerous... i see them beating the Spurs.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 21, 2006 -> 06:50 PM)
I dont think so with the Mavs... They will have Terry back which makes them a lot more dangerous... i see them beating the Spurs.

They obviously could -- but history shows that when the lower seed fails to close-out the higher seed at home, they usually end up losing the series. The Lakers and Cavs have found that out.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ May 21, 2006 -> 11:57 PM)
They obviously could -- but history shows that when the lower seed fails to close-out the higher seed at home, they usually end up losing the series. The Lakers and Cavs have found that out.

Yeah but the difference is the Lakers and Cav arent near the calibur type of team as the Mavericks. The Mavs should of been the number 2 seed. The Spurs might win... they probably are the favorites... but if I put money down id bet on the Mavericks in game 7.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 22, 2006 -> 12:11 AM)
Yeah but the difference is the Lakers and Cav arent near the calibur type of team as the Mavericks. The Mavs should of been the number 2 seed. The Spurs might win... they probably are the favorites... but if I put money down id bet on the Mavericks in game 7.

Point taken. We shall see what happens. I always take the home team in a game 7.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 21, 2006 -> 05:00 PM)
I'm definitely pulling for Miami in the East.

Ugh.. No matter how much I hate Detroit, I hate Gary Payton that much more. I love Wade, the Deisel even A. Walker, but I hate Gary Payton with a passion. I just don't want that man winning a championship. The best case senario I would like to see is Pistons-Mavs.

Mavs in 4 of course.. :)

QUOTE(SoxAce @ May 22, 2006 -> 12:51 AM)
Ugh.. No matter how much I hate Detroit, I hate Gary Payton that much more. I love Wade, the Deisel even A. Walker, but I hate Gary Payton with a passion. I just don't want that man winning a championship. The best case senario I would like to see is Pistons-Mavs.

Mavs in 4 of course.. :)

I'd love to see Gary get a ring. I know he's a loudmouth at times, but he was one one of the better two-way players in the history of the game in his prime. He's the only player I know that actually stood up to Jordan in the finals. He still got schooled -- but he didn't back down one bit.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 22, 2006 -> 10:50 PM)
Thank God the Spurs are gone, hopefully Miami knocks out Detroit. Good to know the Western Conference will have a fresh face representing it in the finals.

Wow, it just hit me that this will be the first time since '98 that a team other than the Lakers/Spurs will be representing the West in the finals.