Twins @ White Sox Game Thread - 4/23

aboz56

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now I'd give it to Jose because Roy can't stay healthy. They are both right up there when both are on and healthy though.

Halladay won a Cy in 2003. Are we forgetting that Contreras has had exactly one good full season? Contreras is great but he really isn't in Halladay's league yet.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 08:15 PM)
I'd let Jose start the ninth but take him out at trouble, although I don't think he'd have any.

I'd absolutely pull him. No reason to have him go more than 105 pitches in April with at least a 5 run lead heading into the 9th.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 03:15 PM)
I'd let Jose start the ninth but take him out at trouble, although I don't think he'd have any.

I don't think I like the idea. And I don't think Ozzie will either, he did the same thing with Buehrle on Friday. Buehrle should have/could have gone the last inning, but Ozzie took him out.

I say let the Bullpen get the inning.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 02:16 PM)
I'd absolutely pull him.  No reason to have him go more than 105 pitches in April with at least a 5 run lead heading into the 9th.

I agree, especially when you have pitchers in the bullpen begging for some innings.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 08:15 PM)
Halladay won a Cy in 2003.  Are we forgetting that Contreras has had exactly one good full season?  Contreras is great but he really isn't in Halladay's league yet.

You know I don't agree with jphat on anything....but I would take Contreras over Roy H. at this moment. Roy has the injury issues, and Contreras is pitching with such confidence.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 02:15 PM)
Halladay won a Cy in 2003.  Are we forgetting that Contreras has had exactly one good full season?  Contreras is great but he really isn't in Halladay's league yet.

For this year, I'd take JC over Halladay, no question.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 08:17 PM)
I agree, especially when you have pitchers in the bullpen begging for some innings.

Politte should start the 9th...if he lets 2 guys get on, you bring in Cotts. If the tying run were to get up to the plate, you bring in Jenks.

You know I don't agree with jphat on anything....but I would take Contreras over Roy H. at this moment.  Roy has the injury issues, and Contreras is pitching with such confidence.

I agree. I would take whomever can stay healthy but Halladay's last major injury was a bit fluky -- he got drilled in the leg by a line drive.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 02:15 PM)

1)I said at this point in time, not in their career. I'm not trying to compare careers, and Jose has dominated this league since the break.

2)Jose only having 1 good season is a myth. In 03 he went 7-2 with a 3.30 ERA and 52 hits in 71 IP. He didn't start the whole year but that is pretty damn good.

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 08:18 PM)
I agree.  I would take whomever can stay healthy but Halladay's last major injury was a bit fluky -- he got drilled in the leg by a line drive.

Didn't he already have some arm issues this year that made him miss one start?

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 03:17 PM)
For this year, I'd take JC over Halladay, no question.

You aren't allowed to do that here, apparently. I said I'd take Buehrle over Santana at this time, and I got b****-slapped by about 5 or 6 people. Guess I'll keep my comments to myself at this point.

2)Jose only having 1 good season is a myth. In 03 he went 7-2 with a 3.30 ERA and 52 hits in 71 IP. He didn't start the whole year but that is pretty damn good.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 02:21 PM)
You aren't allowed to do that here, apparently. I said I'd take Buehrle over Santana at this time, and I got b****-slapped by about 5 or 6 people. Guess I'll keep my comments to myself at this point.

No you shouldn't. Say whatever you want to say, but the evidence is there showing Santana is the better pitcher.