Twins @ White Sox Game Thread - 4/23

aboz56

Pitching matchup

MIN: RHP Carlos Silva (1-2, 7.59 ERA)

It's been a frustrating start to the year for the Twins' ground ball pitcher. He has struggled to get hitters to chase his sinkers and instead has been beaten by lots of singles. The White Sox could be a good rebound team for Silva, who allowed only one earned run over seven innings in his only outing against them last year.

CWS: RHP Jose Contreras (2-0, 1.29 ERA)

The right-hander was absolutely dominant last Monday night at home against the hapless and undermanned Royals, allowing just one hit over seven innings. Since a rough first inning against the Indians to begin the 2006 season, Contreras and his various arm angles have been as solid as any pitcher in baseball. The right-hander has allowed only 13 hits and four walks over 21 innings, while striking out 11. Contreras has a 2-1 career record with a 2.54 ERA against the Twins.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 09:25 AM)

Aboz gets the jump on the gamethread!

Lets Rip Em!

Hasnt 8 games been a high water mark for the White Sox win streaks for quite some time now? I cannot remember them going past 8 games in a row for some time now.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 10:28 AM)
Aboz gets the jump on the gamethread! 

Lets Rip Em!

Hasnt 8 games been a high water mark for the White Sox win streaks for quite some time now?  I cannot remember them going past 8 games in a row for some time now.

Yep. They did it multiple times last year, with the last being the final 8 games of the playoffs.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 09:29 AM)
Sox need to once again break out the brooms. This will be my 7th game of the season, hopefully going 6-1 in games seen. :headbang

This will be my 7th as well, but I am only hoping for a 5-2 record :(

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 08:30 AM)
Yep.  They did it multiple times last year, with the last being the final 8 games of the playoffs.

Which means, since we won opening day, that we had a 9 game streak.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 09:29 AM)
Sox need to once again break out the brooms. This will be my 7th game of the season, hopefully going 6-1 in games seen. :headbang

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 09:31 AM)
This will be my 7th as well, but I am only hoping for a 5-2 record :(

:angry: :crying

No game for me til Sox/Cubs.

Anyway, Sox are on a great roll, let's finish off the Twinkies and move on to the West Coast.

Matchups for the Seattle Series:

Garland v. Moyer

Vazquez v. Pineiro

Buehrle v. Washburn

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosoxretro: :gosox4: :gosox3:

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 11:39 AM)
Should we be expecting a "Ozzie's Sunday Special" line up today?  Oh wait, Timo is gone and most of the reserves played yesterday. 

:gosoxretro:

The Ozzie Sunday Special just doesnt bother me anymore. These reserves are great.