Twins @ White Sox Game Thread - 4/23

aboz56

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 12:39 PM)
At that point they will have to.  You can not have a guy in your starting line up in May hitting less that .200 unless it is a pitcher.  That is just embarassing.

Jermaine Dye was last year I believe.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 06:40 PM)
Jermaine Dye was last year I believe.

There's no comparison between a guy who's a proven slugger in the majors and a guy who's never proven he can play at this level. I know there are a lot of guys who are hitting below .200 in baseball right now....but I doubt many of them look like a pitcher trying to bat like Anderson.

QUOTE(Ndgt10 @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 01:43 PM)
Maybe like he cares.  I like how Lew Ford plays the outfield with his intensity.

That makes absolutely no sense, the guy is getting to the ball and is using proper form to catch it. But you want him what, to look pissed off as he catches? What does that do?

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 12:42 PM)
There's no comparison between a guy who's a proven slugger in the majors and a guy who's never proven he can play at this level.  I know there are a lot of guys who are hitting below .200 in baseball right now....but I doubt many of them look like a pitcher trying to bat like Anderson.

He said you can't have a guy hitting under .200 in your lineup in May. THe world champions did last year. Just wanted to point that out.

And can I vote for you to become our next hitting coach? These nuggets like, "You can't get a hit without swiging the bat' could really help our hitters.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 06:45 PM)
That makes absolutely no sense, the guy is getting to the ball and is using proper form to catch it. But you want him what, to look pissed off as he catches? What does that do?

Yep, I don't care how he looks, as long as he makes the play. That's like someone saying that Uribe is too laid back in the field, and they'd rather he play like a spaz like Nomar.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 01:46 PM)
He said you can't have a guy hitting under .200 in your lineup in May. THe world champions did last year. Just wanted to point that out.

And can I vote for you to become our next hitting coach? These nuggets like, "You can't get a hit without swiging the bat' could really help our hitters.

Making contact >>>> leaving the bat on your shoulder. If you can't figure out what he's trying to say then you're pretty damn stupid.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 06:46 PM)

Since we're "joking around", can you become the pitching coach and tell our guys to throw high curveballs? :P

So you want to see him make catches the way he did in the first inning? That ball nearly went over his head with the way he caught it.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 12:46 PM)

:lolhitting