MLB.TV

hi8is

They tried to rip me off... I sent them an email, and request that you send one as well... the more people sending them emails about this topic, the more likely it is that

they will change their policy.....

"I just wanted to send you a note in hopes that it would reach the powers that be. You really need to know what is going on at all levels of your company and it is my intention to inform you of one issue.

Today I canceled my monthly subscription after having it for 2 months ($29.90). My hope was to have that 2 month prorated to the seasonal package ($79.95 - $29.90 = $50.05)

I was basically offering your company 50.05 directly from my bank account or nothing more. They chose to take nothing and not only did they receive nothing, they lost a loyal customer as well.

This service is a great convince but I refuse to be taken advantage of. Let me know if you would like to reconsider my offer, it is still on the table. Until then, you will not receive a cent from me this season or any there after in any form of merchandise or service.

Sincerely,

-Trevor Caesar"

You can contact them here... chose the "Subcription" department..... SEND HATEMAIL TO MLB HERE =)

So wait, let me try and understand you. You bought it with the monthly package for two months, then wanted to upgrade to the seasonal package with the two months price removed from it's standard $79.99. Right? Or am I just confused?

If thats right, the price goes down after the All-Star break IIRC, so you probably could have just held onto the monthly price until that time, then changed.

The biggest problem I've had with them is that they billed me twice to start this year, since I purchased a seasonal package for this year, but had a monthly one last year. That was resolved in literally a minute from calling their customer support. I have no complaints at all about their service, and I love it without hesitation because it allows me to see all the Sox games I want, even though I live in New Jersey.

Edited by Felix

Yeah, I had the monthly package just to check it out for 2 months.... thats about 30 bucks

I wanted to go ahead and upgrade for the whole season... which costs 80 bucks.... 80 - 30 = 50 (what i wanted to pay)

they wanted me to pay 80 dollars (which is completely stupid.... i could have got that price when i started the monthly service)

they just want to take me for an extra 30 bucks and im taking a stand. thats not right.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 10:01 PM)
Their policies are pretty straight forward. Take the discount or pay per month. I didn't see a third mix and match program.

i guess that i have a problem with companys who fail to understand common logic and value greed as a way to get profit

just me thou

QUOTE(hi8is @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 04:13 PM)
i guess that i have a problem with companys who fail to understand common logic and value greed as a way to get profit

just me thou

Nope, they just offer a discount for people that pay all at once. One billing, no followups, and pass the savings on, or at least some of them. Instead of billing you once, they have billed you three times, and put some work into it. A discount for single billing and getting the money in advance doesn't work if they don't bill once and get all their money up front.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 10:17 PM)
Nope, they just offer a discount for people that pay all at once. One billing, no followups, and pass the savings on, or at least some of them. Instead of billing you once, they have billed you three times, and put some work into it. A discount for single billing and getting the money in advance doesn't work if they don't bill once and get all their money up front.

You do understand that the "work they put into it" is a computer that automaticly sends a debit to my bank each month..... wow, thats a lot of work

Edited by hi8is

QUOTE(hi8is @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 04:22 PM)
You do understand that the "work they put into it" is a computer that automaticly sends a debit to my bank each month..... wow, thats a lot of work

And now they have to stop that, remove the debit, and etc. I should have said cost, not work. I worked in a similar industry. We knew how much each transaction would cost. We also knew the advantage of collecting up front, not worrying about the NSFs, less likely someone will cancel, the people who switched bank accounts and forgot to tell us,etc. So we gave a nice discount to not screw with that end of the business. People will stop taking the discount if they knew they could just prorate at some point. That is the main reason. And yours will fall in the monthly subscriber who cancels column. And they will push for more annual subscribers with better and better deals . . .

Question, you already expected to pay more than the annual price. Would you have called them the last month and said, give me the annual now and I'll owe nothing?

Thats sucks man, but thats how most of those deals work.

The money you already paid was for the monthly service, which does not apply to the seasonal package. If that was the case, everyone could just pay the monthly fee until they got to $79.95, then get the rest free. That wouldn't make much sense.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 03:01 AM)
As much as I hate saying this, Texsox is correct.  Hi8is, it's your $$$ and you can do what you what to, but you have no realistic complaint.

We're not in filibuster, we can agree :D hell, I think we have a perfect record

Filibuster 0% agreement

Rest of the board 100% agreement :cheers