20-8

GasHeGone

Winning 20 of 28 ain't a bad way to start out the season. I encourage everyone to check out the official MLB standings at MLB.com to experience how nice it looks to see your team at the top of your division with a big 20 under W. No one else can brag of a similiar number of wins or a higher winning percentage.

It's a long season, but savour the flavor along the way if you can...

The Sox have done what they needed to do to start the season. The bullpen is still a HUGE question mark though. Something needs to be done about Cliffy though...I have ZERO confidence in him when he comes into a game. Record could have very easily been 23-5.

obviously the winning is fun to watch, especially since the Sox are hot. But I'm really, really curious because I have a sneaking suspicion that maybe they aren't "hot" but are simply this damn good. No, I don't expect them to win at a .700 clip, but this could be an extraordinary season, much like the Bulls going 72-10. I don't think it was an accident that this team went 11-1 in the playoffs last year.

It's probably the crack, but I got a feeling the Sox might just put a beating on the league all the way to another parade.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 4, 2006 -> 09:03 PM)
I didn't give you guys that theory for nothing, you know? It was the Royals I had in mind, so don't let me down.

And all your Gallapogos Island s*** is a Royal pain in the ass.

I was thinking the other day that this season has been wonderful. Considering we did just as good last season its probably better than last years start. Last season most of us, hell all of us, didn't believe the team was for real until certain points in the season. Now we know we are f***in for real and all of us are enjoying everything minute. This is how we should have celebrated last seasons start, but there have been many a times we have had our hearts broken.

We are no longer standing by just clapping for our team, this year we are almost out there with those guys we are having so much fun. I am very glad were kicking ass again and I am enjoying every minute of it.

:gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :headbang

I'm impressed by the start, and certainly happy--but I wouldn't be etching the new rings yet, or even filling in the playoff roster.

The season is still not even 1/5 of the way done. Onforseen injuries could occur to key playes or the offense might slump--I like the Sox's chances as good as anyones, but it's early, and I'm not getting overconfident.

The schedule hasn't been too tough yet, and we'll soon see how we stack up against the Yankees, Red Sox, Tribe, and Oakland.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ May 4, 2006 -> 11:49 PM)
I'm impressed by the start, and certainly happy--but I wouldn't be etching the new rings yet, or even filling in the playoff roster.

The season is still not even 1/5 of the way done.  Onforseen injuries could occur to key playes or the offense might slump--I like the Sox's chances as good as anyones, but it's early, and I'm not getting overconfident.

The schedule hasn't been too tough yet, and we'll soon see how we stack up against the Yankees, Red Sox, Tribe, and Oakland.

I don't see one person in this thread talking about buying their playoff tickets. This thread was just simply to celebrate getting to 20 wins.

Thanks for entirely missing the point.

I don't see one person in this thread talking about buying their playoff tickets. This thread was just simply to celebrate getting to 20 wins.

Thanks for entirely missing the point.

this could be an extraordinary season, much like the Bulls going 72-10...its probably the crack, but I got a feeling the Sox might just put a beating on the league all the way to another parade.

You must have missed that one?

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 4, 2006 -> 10:53 PM)
We were 21-7 after 28 last year, we clearly need to pick up the pace here.

:)

I believe we were 23-5 after 28. But that was last year and this is this year. Just as long as we make it 23-8 by Sunday's end after beating up on the aweful Royal's...then we will be 1 behind last years pace after 31 games (24-7).

QUOTE(SoxRock05 @ May 4, 2006 -> 11:01 PM)
I believe we were 23-5 after 28.  But that was last year and this is this year.  Just as long as we make it 23-8 by Sunday's end after beating up on the aweful Royal's...then we will be 1 behind last years pace after 31 games (24-7).

Bout halfway down

ws101 is winnar

That is wrong you know. I even have the Chicago Sun times paper today where it shows our record comparing our 2005 record and it says the same thing wite showed. We are 1 game off our pace from last season how the hell could we be 23-5 we weren't THAT dominent.

EDIT: I'll even put it to you this way. His source=baseball reference. Your source=espn. Nuff said.

Edited by SoxAce

Ok i found it and you guys are right. ESPN screwed up. They have a record of 16-6 on April 28th...then the Sox lost on the 29th and the record went to 16-5 ( I wish that could happen, it would be great) then on April 30th they win and ESPn shows a record of 17-5...instead of

16-6, 16-7, 17-7...

Oh well, at least it wasn't my error..stupid ESPN....we need a new national sports company.

The Sox have exceeded my expectations to this point, and the great thing is that they have yet to play to their full potential.

35-17 thru May 2005.

Currently 20-8, they need to go 15-9 over the next 24 games to match 2005. That seems to be completely within reach.

The best part is they have not seen the easiest part of their schedule yet, which occurs in June and July.